Skimmer suggstion

bdesper311

Could someone please give me some suggestions on a good protein skimmer for a 72 gallon bow tank. I want to keep sps and will have a faily high bioload. I am in the planning process so I have nothing in stone yet. Can be internal or external. I want top of the line or next step down. I have only had a aio tank since I started sw tanks so I know very little. Thanks for the help!

DublD

There's a few good ones out there that would work for you. Do you have size or budget limitations?

DublD

Vertex IN 100, Octopus extremes, the new octopus xp 2000 looks like it will be cool...vertex alpha 170 and ATB cones for a bit more of a premium, although the last two may be a bit overkill

BLAKEJOHN

top of the line would be Bubble King or Deltec in which you could easily spend $2000. Soooo I would assume your gonna set a cap on the price tag? As for rated size, I would look for one rated for about 200-250gls if you plan to stock heavy.

JeF4y

Vertex is great 'bang for the buck' in my opinion... Money wasn't necessarily a factor when I bought ours, but after hearing great reviews on them I went for it and am very pleased with the performance at such a bargain price.