Skimmer Crossroads...

Which skimmer should I go with?

• Bubble Magus bm200p

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SWC Extreme 200 w/red dragon pw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Forget both and stick with Euro Reef rs135.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

icedgxe

I have asked this on several forums but figured I would give rs a chance to help me out as well before I make my final decision. I think I am going to upgrade my euro-reef rs135 that is on my 125g tank. The tanks total volume is roughly 160-170g. I have been looking at the the bubble magus bm200p and the swc extreme 200 with the red dragon pinwheel. I also looked into the swc 250a which uses the askoll pump. The 250a is a little out of my price range but if it will be that huge of a diff. over the 200 with the red dragon pinwheel I guess I could maybe save for it. Question is this: bm200p vs. swc 200 w/red dragon pinwheel...or save and get 250a?

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
250a is one of the best skimmers for a tank that size. Unless you get into Bubble Kings and ATBs, I would look at the SWC250a, SRO 2000, or SRO XP2000 Cone. The last two are a bit below the SWC 250a I believe. I would go with the SRO Xp2000 cone if it were my tank

icedgxe

Here is a little more back round on the tank as well. 125g display, 75g sump, 20g tall fuge. Stock wise right now I have a 6in yellow belly pacific blue tang, 8in blonde naso, 3 bartletts anthias (will be adding 3 more most likely),scooter blenny, mandarin, 4in mystery wrasse, and 2 picasso clowns.I will probably be adding a few more fish as well.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Might want to look at the SWC Xtreme 160 cone. Really a good sized skimmer for a 125. The others are a bit bigger