Six Line vs Helfrichi

Arreola

Hi all.
I need some advise on what to do with an issue I have in my tank.

I recently added a Helfrchi to my tank (Red Sea Max 130).
For the first 5 days, there was no problem with the other fishes, and about 2 days ago, the six line wrasse, won't let the helfrichi be out on the open.

As soon as he comes out, the six line will chase the helfrichi making it to go back to the rocks.

It won't even let it feed, and I do not want to let it starve to death.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Nervoustime

IMO, if you want to keep the Helfrichi in that tank, you need to remove the Six Line Wrasse. If the Helfrichi is not bothered by any other fish, it will do great in a reef tank. They are one of my favorite fish.

framerguy

Six lines are quite aggressive IME. I agree, you need to move it, either to another tank or return it to the store for credit or another fish.

cbrownfish

My 6 line is an idiot but I like his activity, in general, and he is good at eating unwanted pests. He takes every opportunity to take a swipe at a weaker animal. They are underrated when it comes to agression IMO. The 2 may eventually come to terms but 6 lines don't give in easily.

framerguy

They are underrated when it comes to agression IMO. The 2 may eventually come to terms but 6 lines don't give in easily.
tell me about it! Mine never did. I had three and they would pick on fish twice their size. I finally had to return them. ...the little stinkers.

reefsmoker

One thing you can do is totally re-scape your tank then both wrasses will have to figure out new territories. this has worked for some, and not worked for others. If re-scaping is out of the question then yeah 1 of the fishies gots to go...

Arreola

Hi All.
I took the Six Line out last night.

I had to move most of the rock and took out about 50% of the water to catch the fish.

Also move the rocks arround to have more space to clean the sand bed.

All the fishes and corals are fine.

Thank all for the help.