Signs of Anemone Dying

catran

Sk8rdn is right. If for some reason you nem doesn't make it, you should wait another 6 months before you get another. In the meantime, I would get it into better, like medium flow. I have 4 in my 34g and at least 2 times a week they look like they're shriveling/melting. They pout sometimes. The white mouth isn't always a sign of death, but a white mouth developing a hole in it is a sign that it is on its way and if the hole keeps getting bigger, there's no recovery.

I put one in a "critter keeper" and used magnets to hold it up about 4-5" from the top of my water line so it would get a medium flow and better lighting. That way it can't shrivel into a rock and die. That was a rbta that moved behind a rock while I was on vacation. It looked like a goner for sure, but I saved it.

Btw, I have a 29g tank with 4 red-4 green bubble tips, 5 mini maxi's and 2 rock anemones. I'm not an expert by any means, but I believe that for some reason, the red BTA's that I've had are much stronger than the green ones. I've had 2 green ones (1 wasn't too healthy when I got it) and no red ones die (with the exception of a very small one that attached itself to a powerhead and got sucked in).
Hopefully, yours will make it!!
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk