Side Winders Reef

deanodoc

Hi guys had a semi disaster today placed a new circulation pump in the tank beh
RevisedTank007.jpg
ind the LR and bingo shot my massive hammerhead off its perch and landed on my clam that straight away snapped shut and fragged the hammerhead into 20 pieces! anyway after the mayhem of picking them all out and placing them into the live rock i am quite pleased and no lasting damage seems to have happened have a look Deano

Dweezil

Re: Hammerhead Fragged

Wow ~ At the size of that clam I would say you were very lucky! That thing is massive. How long have you had it?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Close call Deano, but it all worked out well. Good thing you were around when it happened!

deanodoc

Yes good thing the wife was at work! mayhem fraggs evrywhere all cleaned up and its now 11am and she has not even noticed yet! just a remark "your tank looks nice tonight" at 11am this morning i was stripped to the waste in a state of total panic! Ilove this hobby/sport!

deanodoc

Thanks Anthony this was taken not long after by tonight they were a lot mor opened up and looking ok i will post a further piccy tomorrow

deanodoc

Hi Tammy bought it from a good pal who assures me it 25 years old! dont know if thats true but hey i love him anyway Deano

Dweezil

Wow! The clam is almost as old as me. LOL (I wish) that's really cool. ;)

deanodoc

No extra calcium other than the monthly teaspoon full of redsea calcium but he sure does wander round the front of the tank, he's more fun than watching the fish!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

I love Blue Maxima clams - your tanks old enough to support one too ! I want one, if I can just find the room... (dreaming rsm 250)

Nowellsy SNR

When you going to take the plunge Glenn ur running out of room that hammerhead would look awsome in a 250