Looks like an ulcer or sore
Eats great!!!!
Otherwise good
i have hammer and frogspawn.
Any ideas?

SickAngel.jpg

ReefLady

Staff member
I'm moving to Fish Diseases and Treatments forum. Please post your water parameters, other inhabitants, how long the tank has been set up, etc

By the way, beautiful fish - hope everything turns out okay.

leebca

The photo shows an abnormality but I can't tell exactly what it might be. A clear photo up close is needed.

It could be an injury, an infection, a parasite, or any combo of these.

Do you have any cleaner shrimp?
I had a CBA that was lost without her daily (sometimes hourly) visits to the Skunk Cleaner Shrimps. We actually went about 3 weeks with no shrimp, and when we finally got 2 more, she was actually swimming up to them with her gill flaps open almost like she was saying "CLEAN ME".

IDK if it would help, hard to tell from the pic, but my CBA always looked better with the cleaners around.

leebca

All I can see with relative confidence is an infected area. That area could still be the result of an injury or parasite.

If the fish was in quarantine, I would swab the area with Betadiene. But being in its display area, more harm could come to the fish trying to catch it.

I would wait and see. You have these photos, and that's good. In two days, compare what was there to what you see at that time. You want to be able to say, 'it seems to be going away,' or that 'it is getting worse.' If getting worse, move the fish to a quarantine/hospital tank and treat with an antibiotic, such as Maracyn Two for Saltwater fish.