Shrimp vs. Shrimp?

dltt

OK, yesterday I had 3 small aiptasias that were wearing thin on my nerves. One was in the middle of my zoanthid colony, stinging the adjacent zo polyps I am sure. So, I went to the lfs and got 3 peppermint shrimp, that immediately terminated the offinding aps. This morning when I got up and studied the tank to see whats up all I could find were two of the peppermints, but a totally transparent shrimp just clinging to life, but recently succumbed. Well, the two peppermints jumped his carcass and ate him. Now, I am back looking at the tank, and all three peppermint shrimp are out and about! All I can think is that this dead shrimp hitched a ride on the live rock and has been deep in hiding for the last 3 weeks, I thought maybe I got a glimpse of him last week in a rock hole but was never sure. I am sure this was not a molt from the 3 peppermints. All I can think of is that the 3 chased the one out of his hidey hole and he died.

Kingah

To be honest mate it's probably going to be a molt. Every time one of my shrimp molts i get a fright when i spot it.