Show me your skimmate~!

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Thought I'd start a thread to show off all the hard work that your skimmer is doing. Let me start off with mine - Bubble Magus Nac 3 :yup:

9562219218_6509bc1678_b.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Good topic guys! But so NOT FAIR cause I just cleaned mine yesterday & I don't have one of those BIG BAD BOYS (YET!!) so how about I share a plate of fresh baked cookies instead? :D :yup: :D
null_zps4aa6f318.jpg
[/IMG]
Hey, these smell so much better than any skimmate! :yup: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies :yummy:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
How much skimmate is in those cookies?

:yummy::barf:

LOL!! They may look like sh!t...but there's really none in them :D:laughroll:D
No white flour or white sugar either
Only:
Brown Sugar
Eggs
Vanilla extract
Peanut Butter
Dry Cocoa & Baking Soda
THATS ALL....no skimmate :)
About 200 calories for each HUGE COOKIE :yup:

:threadjack: Don't let cookies steal the smell here....Let us see Your SKIMMATE! :D

Last edited:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Ok, Here's my LITTLE RSM 250 stock skimmer at work. Just a couple days build up here. I think it does a pretty good job. I will be glad when I replace it with one of those BIG BAD BOYS tho :yup: (in January :time:)
null_zpsfab08381.jpg
[/IMG]
Think I'll make some more of those Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies today :D they smell better ;)

Steve L

Do any of you have your collection cups set so dry that they almost don't produce any liquid at all, just a really thick, green stinky sludge that sticks to every part of the cup? I have the biggest HOB type that Reef Octopus makes on my 150 and there is a very fine line between too dry and too wet. I cleaned it just this morning and had to scrub really hard to get the grunge off after 4 days. Then I dropped it about a quarter inch and it's almost full again with dark green and very wet skimmate.

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Ok, Here's my LITTLE RSM 250 stock skimmer at work. Just a couple days build up here. I think it does a pretty good job. I will be glad when I replace it with one of those BIG BAD BOYS tho :yup: (in January :time:)
null_zpsfab08381.jpg
[/IMG]
Think I'll make some more of those Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies today :D they smell better ;)

Have you decided which one to get for your future sump? :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Have you decided which one to get for your future sump? :)

This is the LifeReef SVS2-24 and it will be included with my LifeReef Sump/Refugium.
I think (HOPE) it will be a good one. :D
null_zps44570201.jpg
[/IMG]
Anyone that has one of these, tell me what you think of it please.

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Nice one! Make sure the chamber is able to fit in the skimmer.