SexyCorals

seafansar

Ordered a pack of zoas from SexyCorals and was very disappointed with how they were shipped and the condition of the zoas. The box was not all that well insulated and the bags were leaking. I'm surprised FedEx still shipped it since the box was a little wet on the outside. The vendor only has a arrive alive guarantee, and as a few of you know, it's very hard to tell if a zoa is dead or just sulking. Since none looked clearly DOA, I did not contact the vendor. I wish I had. Several of them died overnight and many of them were tiny, baby polyps. I did not pay for baby polyps! He even said he had made the packs a couple of weeks before shipping, so I have no clue why he'd ship out tiny polyps that looked like they were about to die. There were several other people who bought this pack also, and they all had similar experiences. There have been posts about it on the site the pack was offered on, and the vendor has not been helpful at all. He'd even blamed the buyers for killing the zoas with bad acclimation or water quality. When everyone who gets a pack has a problem with the zoas dying, it's NOT the buyers fault! It's the sellers fault for shipping out unhealthy corals! Beware of SexyCorals!

Done with my rant! :shades:

reef dummy

Good to know, thanks. Don't feel too bad, I recently lost 5 of 6 acro's worth 350.00 bucks that was shipped. I'm not sure what to think about shipped corals.:cursin:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Just curious, if everyone had this problem, why did you decided to buy from them?

Is this vendor new? Is it just this pack that people had problems with? Do they normally offer good service and products? Just wondering why you chose to order from this company, did you research prior?

Sorry you had a bad experience, I personally haven't heard of this vendor.

seafansar

It's a new vendor. Since it's so new, there was very little feedback on them, hence why I thought I should write something. I read that one person liked what they got and recommended them. I bought from them, cause the pack was such a good deal and if you bought it you were put into a drawing to win another nice zoa.
There were 10 packs and they were all shipped out at the same time. That's when I read that other people who got the same pack had problems too, so there was no way of knowing the poor quality of zoas until after I had gotten them.

Aquatic Auction is pretty good, and shipping is cheap
I got some mushrooms from them, and I an=m really happy with them

seafansar

Yeah, I know of other good vendors like bluezooaquatics, vividaquaria, this one guy on e-bay (forgot his username) and a few others, but I think I'm done buying online or even from LFS for that matter. Going to downgrade a lot. Probably down to just a 12 gallon nano.

I wouldnt downgrade yet. I lost out on an acro I bought from one of this forums sponsers. Everything else was good though. I just ate the cost of the acro. it happens sometimes. I personally hate anything being shipped live from fed ex. everybody on here has been burned at one point or another. The ones that keep moving forward are the ones that have the tanks that we envy.:snshne:

seafansar

Well, I've been burned much worse before by zoafrag.com. That's not the reason I'm downgrading though. I just wanted to write some feedback on them, because of the way they were responding to threads on a different forum like it wasn't their fault. They did mention that they would try and improve their shipping methods.