Seth's RSM 500

Choff

That is simply amazing rock! That might be the best I have ever seen. Awesome work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

I just found the coral goby that came as a hitchhiker with the rock! i saw him when i first unpacked the rock, but hadn't seen him for a while and was assuming the worst. But he seems very happy in his new home!
_MG_1379_zps0f36b334.jpg

Looks like of the Genus: Eviota
There are about 34 species found in Aus waters (this genus contains more than 65 species total).

Possibly a Eviota hoesei.
But you will have to figure that out.
It is super cute

Great live rock! Always a bonus when you get corals as hitchhikers

:eek:h: But, I do see some bubble algae

Thanks oxy, I think i will try suctioning those bubble algae out with an airline hose, however they're quite hard to see with the naked eye atm, approx 1.5mm in diameter, so should be easy to break off and suction out

Thanks for the info on the fish identification, i do agree with your finding! Really cool little fella, and becoming very social which is great!

That is simply amazing rock! That might be the best I have ever seen. Awesome work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Choff! I must say the LR blew my expectations of what i thought was getting! The rock is so live and colourful that I'm actually not wanted to cover too much of it with coral! its hard to see in the photo, but there is some awesome caves and swim threw's! my fish seem to be loving life!

check out this vid of my cleaner shrimp steeling food from the brittle star....
[video=youtube;OrTy12qjExs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTy12qjExs[/video]

a short vid of the tank and rock placement....
[video=youtube;ZWHmzG91ZPw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWHmzG91ZPw[/video]

Choff

Wow, even better. Not only is the rock chock full of life and looks really cool, but you have done a great job with the scape! That's awesome and I think I hate you...lol.

heheheh thanks choff! Yeah i decided when scaling this tank, that its so much nicer to see fish weaving between rocks as apposed to fish swimming in front of them...
I just dipped and added some awesome hammers and torch coral! Within an hour they have opened completely and look fantastic! pics to come

Hay, i just wanted to get some feedback from you guys regarding lighting schedules...
I run the stock T5 lighting
@12pm the centre two tubes turn on
@2pm it shifts to front and back lights with centre two off (8 tubes)
@5pm it shifts back to centres until 8pm
total 8hours

I also have a light in the fuge over the cheato, this i run at the opposite times to the DT lighting to balance Ph

Any thoughts?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I would think... you would want to run all your T5s for at least 8 hours with a ramp up & down... beyond this

see what others think...

Choff

If I recall I was 11 pr 12 total hours with varying intensity . These times may be off by a bit, but this really close to what I did before I converted to led

O8:30 center only
10:30 both wings on, center off
12:00 all on
16:00 both wings on, center off
18:30 center only
20:30 off

Choff

I'll add that I was running 5 ati blue+, 2 ati coral plus, 2 ati purple plus and a he 6500. A blue and a coral in the center.

Thanks guys, i have ramped up the lighting, but only 10 hours atm, i will work my way up, but i want to keep a log on how the increased photoperiod effects algae growth etc.....
on another note, i just found a very interesting hitchhiker, that i can't identify. Ive been through numerous threads and looked at numerous websites but can't seem to find this worm/eel looking thing....
_MG_1444_zpsf722f521.jpg

_MG_1463_zps8feb8275.jpg

Oxylebius

Hay, i just wanted to get some feedback from you guys regarding lighting schedules...
I run the stock T5 lighting
@12pm the centre two tubes turn on
@2pm it shifts to front and back lights with centre two off (8 tubes)
@5pm it shifts back to centres until 8pm
total 8hours

I also have a light in the fuge over the cheato, this i run at the opposite times to the DT lighting to balance Ph

Any thoughts?

I run T5 lighting. 8 hrs straight/day for all 6 bulbs. Have moonlights on before and after the 8 hours, but no ramping up/down technology. If I could ramp up/down, I would do it after the solid 8 hrs of light. Hope this helps. In the tropics they have consistent 12 hrs of light w/dawn and dusk. But, as you already noted in tanks this can cause algae. Running for 8 or 9 hrs per day is what many tend to do w/or w/o ramping up & down.

Thanks glenn... not sure though, his mouth seems to be very different to that of the peanut worm. Its head is quite point, and it has a flat tail. It does swim like an eel, but then does crawl on rocks and the glass like a worm... very intriguing