Seawater +40 - 90 ppt in USA waters

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
While do some reading on the origin of the Laguna Madre, a large Coastal Lagoon between land and Padre Island, a barrier sea spit, coastal eastern Texas, from Corpus Christy south, I was amased to find out that at the north end the salinity is + 40 ppt and at the south is as high as 90 ppt :evileye: So if one is ever collecting natural seawater make you test it.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Lynn

That is where I stay for a month or two and will be leaving for after the Jan 1. I have been there twice and never thought anything about it. Last week I got a new book "Beaches and Coasts" and there was like a total of 3 pages of this area.

Yes, there is life there. They fish there, there are barnacles, shells and a large Serpulid feather duster reef there I just found out about. There is lots of fishing done there in a number of places. Guys are always at the dock fishing for Black and Red Drums. Boats are always going out fishing. I stay at Baffin Bay, a large bay of Laguna Madre. There are no natural outlets to the sea except way north and way south and those a man-made. Your area would be the same but I'm sure there are just to many openings/most man-made in all those causeways, IIRC, to the ocean so you do not get it. Most of the east coast of Florida is also spits ( those really long narrow sand barriers/beaches) and lagoons.