Scott's Wrasse

degibson84

Just added a male and female Scott's. Had to shut down the lighting for the night due to my Tomini Tang chasing them around.

What is the best thing to use to get them to start eating? I was thinking of just using mysis soaked in garlic

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I just acclimated blue star wrasses and found that anything other than natural wasn't cool with them for a while so I'd say no garlic. I fed them hikari mysis for the first week (well more like 2nd week cause they hid in the sand for 8 and 13 days respectively) and they took that. Now I feed them like any other fish (about 4-5 weeks in).....they get Larry's food and they grab the biggest chunk and bash it off a rock till they get tired.

Wrasses are just so cool. Saw a saying once, "I can go tang-less but never wrasse-less!" and now I know what they mean!

degibson84

Dang I tried Garlic this afternoon just because thats what usually do with all my new additions. They didn't eat anything. Now I have only had them for about 24 hours. they were in the sand until the lights came on. I did try using Hikari Mega Marine algae since I have a Tomini Tang I use that as my frozen. I do have Marine Cuisine and some Hikari baby krill. maybe I will try that tomorrow

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hakari mysis are small, think that's the key. They won't tough anything "vegetarian"!

degibson84

The one that comes out, which I think is the female very large but dull colors, nipped at a few flakes this evening