Scott's humble 55 gallon

mps9506

If they were uploaded as attachments they most likely were lost when we changed to the new version on vbulletien. I could be wrong, but I think that is what happened.

ScottT1980

Yeah, the first two pictures in the first post were hosted elsewhere and I am trying to solve that issue. I suppose the others were lost in the upgrade as you mention Mike. Is there any way to retrieve them or are they lost in the great abbys of 0s and 1s.

Thanks
Scott T.

mps9506

I think that would be a question for the almighty one, Travis. He did all the work on the upgrade and would know what's up. I think this version stores attachemtns differently than the old version. I'm honestly not sure. I'm a numbskull when it comes to anything software related :stars:

mojoreef

Just a reefer
The rag is not allowing link pics to thier site, RC does the same thing. They send a banner for thier board instead.

Now hurry up Scott I want to see your tank, lol

MIke

ScottT1980

Mike, you never saw what once was? Aw, you would just go blind from all the sand in my underwater ant farm... ;)

I will try to get some pictures reuploaded when I can, it will be a trip doen memory lane...

Take er easy
Scott T.

mps9506

:LOL: Hehe...

To your credit, at least you apparently took care of your sandbed properly while it was going. I can't remember, but didn't you use a plenum?

I must say you did have a very very nice setup, one of the better looking 55 gallon tanks I have seen. You did things the right way.

ReefLady

Staff member
Quick correction to make: We didn't lose ANY attachments in the current upgrade. Any attachments lost were victims of the corrupted database table from a few months back. I had hopes that the upgrade would allow us to recover the attachments, but it doesn't look like that's the case... they're gone. I'm sorry.

But please just know we did not lose a single bit (or byte :) ) of data in the upgrade process... all went smoothly, unfortunately we can't undo history.

T

ScottT1980

OK, I think all pictures have been restored. Thanks to reefer_addict (addict at RAG), linking is now allowed at RAG and it saved me some time. Thanks Travis for looking into things...

I always thought this tank was a little "too busy," a little too much in one space. I must say that by layering the rocks the way I did in this tank, it fools the eye and makes the tank's width appear to be more than is actually the case. When I tore it down, I was shocked at how narrow a 55 really is. Unfortunatly, after the pictures were taken, my tank, namely my zoanthid populations, really started to decline. I could never find a culprit and ultimately assumed it was due to some viral or bacterial pathogen brought in by a wild-caught colony. Once this colony was introduced, everything went downhill. However, I could grow the heck out of some SPS, even with my VHOs and simple kalk drip. It was fun, now brainstorming my next project...

Take er easy
Scott T.

Cool scott your tank is basically the same as mine, the size and the lights. I need to get a better skimmer than my stupid seaclone :flaming: and I need to get alot of my live rock smashed to smaller pieces cuz I have alot lol...