scooter help!

angnak

If you remember I just posted a few days ago about my scooters eating some frozen food. Well one is now acting funny. Just yesterday he was showing off for the lady and swimming around. I come home tonight and he is just hanging around one area and not moving much. My wife said he was doing fine earlier. He is now breathing heavy and the lights are out and he is still just sitting there in the same area. I thought they hid at night? My parameters are fine. All other fish are fine. No other fish is breathing heavy. Does anyone know what may be going on? He does not look skinny. My tank has been established for a couple years now. At night with the flashlight I see hundreds and hundreds of little pods, so I would assume he has plenty to eat. From the get go he has been hunting and picking. I have had them a couple weeks now. What would be some next steps to help him out?

blue_eyes53813

Im sorry for your worries. The best thing is to just let him be and not stress him out.. I hope what ever the problem is, is all better by morning.

mps9506

Im sorry for your worries. The best thing is to just let him be and not stress him out.. I hope what ever the problem is, is all better by morning.

ditto.
I would just let him chill out. Removing him or medicating the tank would just add more stress and there aren't any viasable sympotoms.

lcstorc

If you have lots of pods you are doing what you should do. Hopefully he will pull through.

angnak

well, I just found him dead. Man, that is so upsetting. I was hoping the two would eventually spawn. I know it is a long shot, but they were showing signs of courting and everything. I did notice a small hole on his side. really, really small. My wife also said when our heniocus(sp?) died he had a small hole also. My first thought was a predator, but why would no other fish have been caught or stabbed. I have added no new LR and all the other fish have been in there for a couple years. Is there some disease out there that may cause this. The hole was microscopic. Smaller than a fine tip pilot v7 pen. The side where the hole was, was real light colored compared to the rest of his body. If there is a disease, why would no other fish be affected?