Say hello to my lil' friend.

I got one! I got one! This little guy is the funniest, most personality fish I have ever owned. He's been in the tank for a little over 48 hours, still working on his burrow ... although it seems he's piling sand around more than using the rubble in the tank (he's used a few pieces) but he seems pretty happy. :)

He's been peaking his little head out from time to time, so I took the opportunity to do the best I could at capturing him. He's such a healthy guy ... I actually found him at my LFS this weekend. Got to watch him eat and see his full body, the whole bit. He had been there about 2 weeks, so since I had been wanting one for this 58 gallon, I couldn't resist and went for it. <giggling like a little school girl>

Anyway, here "he" is

blue_spot1.jpg

blue_spot2.jpg

A little superstitious about giving a name right now, still a little early of him being in the tank. I'm very excited about having this fish. I have found myself watching the tank all weekend. :laughroll

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Congratulations! He looks bright eyed and healthy. Great photography as well. Welcome to the Club!

Thanks everyone! He's such a riot to watch. I got to see him push a scarlet hermit crab out of his burrow the other night and honestly it was such a funny sight.

I actually got him local here in Omaha, NE at a little shop called Ruff Waters. I've been going to them ever since I started my 29 gallon salty tank. Always has great quality corals and livestock. I paid about the same amount for him local that I would have if I would have bought online (on sale) and had to pay for the overnight shipping and handling, so I'm real happy about that. Honestly, I consider myself very lucky to have found him, he was down in a lower corner tank ... almost as if he was being hidden and held. When I saw him, I started talking to Scott (the owner of the LFS) about him and he said he's been real active for about two weeks in the store and eating very well. So I asked if I could watch him feed and Scott graciously obliged. Watched him for a little longer afterwards and it was all it took. SOLD!!!! :)

I can't wait to see what this little guy does next. Always on the move, always moving something ... I love him already!!!!!

Thanks again for all the compliments, I'll keep everyone updated as time goes on.

OH YEAH, one other thing, I assume eventually when he gets a little more used to me and hubby being around, he'll come out of his burrow a little more???? I'd love to get a full body shot of him, but right now, he's just playing hide and seek with me and the camera. <heh>

So, I've officially had my first coronary due to my blue spot today. I go in when the lights are still out to (ok, I"ll admit it) say good morning to him. :)

I look in his burrow, no jawfish, I look on the other side of the burrow, no jawfish .... hmmmmmmmm I had to get my themometer from the back of the tank last night where it lost suction and floated to the top, but I knew, I just KNEW he couldn't have jumped ... so I look and look, still don't see him ... needless to say, my heart sank a bit.

I wait until the lights come on and look down and middle of tank, and there's all this sand built up around a rock with some zooanthids on it ... well, there he was poking his little head up at me. After giving him a good hard talking to, I became giddy all over again! <heh>

Have been working all day and all night tonight, so when the lights come on tomorrow, I'll see what I can do to get a couple more shots of his new burrow.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
:laughrollLynette, this is a natural reaction. My BSJF is the first fish I look for in the morning and the last one I look at before I go to bed. They are just so damn irresistible.

Well, as most of you know, my BSJF now has a name "Tuck" ... he is, I swear the coolest fish on the face of the planet. Though my others in the tank get attention too, I know they're jealous of Tuck and his "awesomeness" lol

Anyway, got a chance to get a couple more photos of him and thought I would share.

DSC_0005-web.jpg

DSC_0010-web.jpg

Thanks for checkin' up on the little guy! :)

Hi SeaHorse, the white spots on him have been there ever since I got him, not fungus or anything, just some discoloration. Like I said in the other thread, he's healthy as a horse, eats like a pig and is more active than most of my other fish in the tank.