RSM130D first marine tank

PaulB

Just got a second hand 130D off eBay and it will be my first marine tank, been lurking arount this site for a few months reading lots of post on RSM setups. I've had planted tanks for 20yrs and got into SCUBA diving a few years ago and wanted to create a mini reef enviroment. I'm going to take it slow and do some mods on the tank before I start it up. I'm going to get the media basket & a tunse skimmer and replace the PC lights with LEDS.
I've built LED fittings for auqariums before but want some suggestions on how many LEDS and what combinations of white, blue, royal blue LEDS to use and if I should include some purple/violet LEDS. I have sourced a 4 Port LED Sunrise/Sunset Controller.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary amd the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us, we love pics !

inside joke - I thought Paul B got a RSM & PaulB did :dance:
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/general-reef-aquarium-discussion/32411-tank-turned-40-year.html

PaulB

My in-tank media basket has arrived. What size container / amount of chemi-pure do I use in it?
Also whats the best way to clean the tank & pumps as it's been sitting for a while since the guy I bought it off had it setup and he didn't clean it very well before selling it to me.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
1 bag of the 11.74 ounce CPE for a RSM 130D (two in a RSM 250) 100ml of Purigen is also great media choice - the pic below is a common setup & how I would run - "hang" the CPE for better flow

(make sure you get CPE, not just CP - The Elite version of Chemi-Pure has a phosphate remover (GFO))

on cleaning a white vinegar bath & rinse

IMG_7669.jpg