RSM 250 with a Tunze 3155 Osmolator

zak786

Has anyone fitted these into a Red Sea Max 250 ? How do we hang the optical sensor and the white secondary float ? It cannot fit due to the plastic surround on the tank. ? I have got it hanging there precariously through the area for the chiller fittings and am not happy with the install the way it sits... basically its hanging loose and just resting there unsecured as if we tighten the fittings it will lift the whole sensor up at an angle. I am scared of siphoning by the air intake pipe falling below the water level. And also scared of running the holding container dry ?

Whats the best way to do this ?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
zak786 - check out this recent thread on the 3155:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/48369-tunze-3155-top-up-rsm130.html

I have the water feed line propped up by a small connector that came with the unit's bracket hardware. You mentioing siphoning and i just had that occur last week - I did something that had the end of the tubing about 1/4 inch below the water surface. I was running the unit manually, would fill up the tank, walk away and a few minutes later ther tank level dropped. I did that a few times, and started checking all around the tank for leaks. Then I noticed my water reservoir jug was still full and even a bit higher than normal. The tank would fill, then the line would siphon back to the reservoir till the siphon would break when the line was above water level. At least it wasn't a tank leak. I was going crazy till I figured out what was going on.