rsm 130d

webbie

Hi, I am getting ready to start on my RSM adventure with a 130 d, I bought it preloved and the guy before me did some cool upgrades ,lights, skimmer media rack and return pumps,so I should be good to go soon ,my only recent experience of reef keeping was with a 55 ltr nano,just wondering what water change routine do rsm 130 keepers usually do?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I don't have a 130 (mine is RSM 250) and I change out 10 gallons 3 times per month.
It helps me to schedule them on or about the 10th, 20th, & 30th of each month.

Godly3vil

Around 30% here, but that's because I use NSW which is free, will be changing to ASW soon though so will be doing smaller or less frequent changes.

Roy Page

I am a new as well and we are changing 15 galls per week in our 65 gall RSM C-250.
That amounts to a little more than 25% per week when taking the live rock and sand into the equation.

Roy

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
I am a new as well and we are changing 15 galls per week in our 65 gall RSM C-250.
That amounts to a little more than 25% per week when taking the live rock and sand into the equation.
Roy

Wow. Roy, I think you are the WC champion!
I need to up my game to get anywhere near that.
And I bet that's closer to 30% than 25.

Roy Page

Wow. Roy, I think you are the WC champion!
I need to up my game to get anywhere near that.
And I bet that's closer to 30% than 25.

Got to win at something in this game Mark :rollingey
My problem with the weekly WC is getting the temp and salinity exactly the same as the DT so that I can put the new water in fairly quickly.

Roy