RSM 130 vs 130D?

seafansar

I posted this in the RSM forum, but didn't realize those posts don't show up on the home page. So to get more opinions, here's my question.

Someone local is selling a RSM 130 for $325. How great are the 130D improvements and are they worth buying an $850 tank over a $325 used one? What all do people usually change on their 130's and how much does that improvement cost? I'm looking to downgrade tanks, but it's mainly for the money aspect. I didn't realize these all in one tanks cost so much!

redsea reefer

I would get the 130 for that price, all you really need to do is get a different heater, the rsm one is no good. I have replaced the skimmer on my 130 with the Tunze 9002 and media rack from inTank, a sponsor here and removed the heater, dont need one. Added the surface skimmer that comes with the 130D. Honestly the improvements are not worth the extra money.

seafansar

We decided to not get another tank. We're either just going to stick with the 150 or just get out of the hobby all together. It's such a hard decision. On one hand we love the tanks, but on the other they cause a lot of stress and cost a lot. My power bill is insane. I can't keep it going much longer.