Rod's Food - dumb question

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I have a small plastic cup that I use to dip out a little tank water, and throw in a chunk of the frozen Rod's in. Add a couple drops of Kent Garlic in there also. I may go half Rod's one day with Cyclops or Mysis shrimp. It just depends.

Why add more? I'm just curious because Rod's has both in it. Below are the pages that list the ingredients for each of the "current" blends:

Original Blend

HERBIVORE BLEND

FISH ONLY BLEND

PREDATOR BLEND

CORAL BLEND

I'll switch out to something different now and then (scallops etc) just to add "variety" but I don't supplement Rod's at all.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Has anyone ever proven that the garlic actually does any good? I remember reading some articles that it really serves no purpose, other than in Italian foods. :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Has anyone ever proven that the garlic actually does any good? I remember reading some articles that it really serves no purpose, other than in Italian foods. :)

And it gives you (and probably your fish to) what I like to call "DRAGON BREATH". :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:

I remember reading some articles that it really serves no purpose, other than in Italian foods. :)

Thats good enough for me. :)

BigAl07,
There was a post with a recipe for mush and freezing it in a mini ice cube tray. Did you ever try that and how was it compared to Rods?

-JOHN

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
BigAl07,
There was a post with a recipe for mush and freezing it in a mini ice cube tray. Did you ever try that and how was it compared to Rods?

-JOHN

I used to make my own mush but then I found "Rod's". It has more ingredients than I was using and it's WAY easier to just thaw a small chunk out than to go through the trouble of making my own MUSH!

When I'm going out of town I make pre-measured food pucks using Ice Trays. The small tanks (10g & 12g) use the MINI cube and the 90g using standard sized cubes.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
I picked up some Rod's Original yesterday, this stuff is not cheap but then again, nothing in this hobby is cheap!! I will say that all of the fish loved it!! :thumbup:

$20 for one pouch. Lasts me at least 5 months. Pretty cheap IMO

StevieT

RS Sponsor

Most fish are attracted to it's taste. It doesn't have a health benefit it is just bait.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
$20 for one pouch. Lasts me at least 5 months. Pretty cheap IMO

ditto.gif
Same thought process here too :)

BLAKEJOHN

That's what I've read too - no health benefit - just an appetite stimulant if anything.

That is exactly what it is for...Some sick fish will not eat and because they wont eat the medicated food garlic is used to encourage them to eat. So many people associate the garlic to the meds and assume that the garlic has benificial value when it does not.

cabolick

Just think if you had garlic breath; it keeps the fish from getting too close to each other