RO/Softwater

pgrtgunner

Well now, I was informed by the guy that put in my RO and Soft water unit told me that her connected
the soft water unit to the RO. So, now I have soft water in all taps. That was stupid to connect both, so why have the separate
faucet for the RO if it's the same water in a 3 gallon tank? His response, " better drinking water".
My response, "My fish don't like soft water".

My choices are;

1. Shut off the softener and drain all of my pipes in my house, and then use tap water.

2. Go to my fish store and buy their water. I drive a 2013 Camaro, I can't see trying to haul water in her.

All responses accepted......Mark:dunno:

DaveK

It sounds like the water softener unit was installed for the whole house, and the RO added for RO water in the kitchen for cooking or drinking. Is this correct?

Or is this a whole house system?

Something doesn't sound right.

pgrtgunner

Hi Dave

Only for the RO tap. And soft water for the entire house, except for the out door spigots. But, he also hooked
soft water to the RO.

That's the part that doesn't sound right. The RO is supposed to be better than soft water any day. I bought the house almost 4
years ago and both were already installed. Now they want $85.00 for a service call and the cost of parts to re-route the soft water
out of the RO.

Thanx....Mark