RO/Softwater

pgrtgunner

I just discovered that my RO and soft water feed in together. Bottom line is; I have double trouble.
Without costing me $200.00 plus, what should I do?? I am not a water drinker per se, so I don't need the RO
water for drinking.

So, for now I have to shut the soft water off, drain the entire lines in the house of soft water, then do the water
change with City Water. This will TOTALLY SUCK!!!!

I really need some of the geniuses' help with this debacle.

THANX!!!.......

reefer gladness

Sounds to me like you have a house RO system for drinking water which is not the same as for reefing. There are different types of RO membranes on the market, the RO membranes for drinking water let a lot more 'stuff' through because it's good for humans. Only way to know for sure is by testing for TDS, a basic handheld TDS meter will run you about $20 bucks.

At the end of the day I'm thinking you should buy a proper RO/DI system and be done with it.

DaveK

reefer gladness;1252085...At the end of the day I'm thinking you should buy a proper RO/DI system and be done with it.[/QUOTE said:
Generally I agree, but we really do need to know that TDS reading. If it's low, say under about 4 or 5 ppm, rather than invest in a whole RO/DI system for the tank, the op might be able to just use a DI filter to get the TDS down to 0 for aquarium use.

pgrtgunner

I would love to buy an RO/DI unit. If I still worked, no problem, but I'm retired or retarted, I can't remember which one it is. :)

pgrtgunner

You folks may as well be speaking Greek.
What is a TDS meter and where can I buy one and how much??

The company that installed the RO and Soft Water, didn't even know what a DI was. Do you
think I would trust them to install one?