Returning to Reefing, Red Sea 130D Problems

ReturningReefer

I once had a 180 gallon set up. It was too much at the time (young kids) and have decided to get back into the game. I decided to do this with a simple, what was supposed to be, Red Sea Maxx 130D. I'm disappointed with it thus far. Everything is good with the exception of the skimmer and the micro bubbles that are haunting me. Red Sea knows that it is an issue. They sent me another of the bad skimmers that came with the 130D. They have a fix, the skimmer that comes with the c130. It is a bummer. I wish they would fix the problem for me. I own my own business and my motto is reputation over profit. I wish they thought the same way.

Anyone have any suggestions. my water has been ready for 2 weeks now but i won't put anything in there until the bubbles are dealt with. I don't want to put anything in and then it dies because of a bad skimmer.

Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hi and welcome to RS! We have a lot of 130 owners here so hopefully some will chime in with some help.

Snid

Welcome Aboard, Matey!

Sorry for the frustrations you're having. Hopefully the solutions mentioned in the above link by Reefer can get you under way. Or maybe it's the early tank bubbles, also mentioned. Either way, best of luck!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Thousand of happy RSM 130D owners here in the RSM Club & Red Sea has great customer support. I have helped 100's solve the micro-bubble problems in just a few minutes.

Give this a go... it's helped 100's, hope it help you

1. move your surface skimmer cup up to 1/4" from it's top position
2. add saltwater until it raises the water height to where it just touches the "hood arm trays" they have little drain holes in them
3. top off every other day (ro/di not sw) you will need to add about 2 1/2 gallons a week
4. if you still have them... check your ro/di water quality & salt
5. pull your pumps & clean the impellers, make sure a small piece of trash is not in there...

Be encouraged ... have read 100's & 100 of post similar, everyone solved it with tweaking... same with the skimmer... once you have bioload & the correct water height, the stock skimmer will produce skim mate. Best of luck...

Start your tank up... microbubbles won't hurt corals, fish or LR & sure won't bother your cycle, allowing the sw to start to mature while you sort can only be a good thing (imo)