Reliable Camera Retailers

Cougra

I'm starting to look around for a Digital SLR camera and was wondering what are some reliable camera retailers in the US, preferably ones who will ship to Canada?

BoomerD

Don't know if they ship to Canada or not, but B&H is VERY reputable and have (for the most part) very good pricing on things with no hassles. Lots of the other camera stores play games to get you to buy accessories and then cancel the sale of you don't buy any from them.
B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders

Here's a decent listing of many on-line camera shops and how reputable they may or may not be:

Camera Shops - photo.net

or you can enter the name of a shop in here:
Discount Shopping and Store Reviews by Real People at ResellerRatings
and see how they've been rated by other customers.

Cougra

B&H does ship internationally. Thanks BoomerD I'll definately consider them. The camera I'm looking at is $150 less on that site then it is on any of the Canadian sites, let alone the differences in prices with the lens, flash and filters! I'm using the live help and they seem to be very prompt in their replies as well.

boozeman

I can vouch for B&H and also J&R they are two of the largest electronics retailers here in N.Y. and I have bought plenty of electronic equipment from them. Another option to consider is Costco as many times they will bundle the camera with extra memory cards/cases/lenses. I got my nikon D80 from them and it came with a free extra lense ($180 value). I recently got a hard to find VR nikon macro lense @ J&R for a fair price.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I can also vouch for B&H. I got my Nikkon D80 from them. Great outfit and exceptional customer service.