Reefmack's RSM 130

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The new inhabitants are doing great! The 2 cleaners were just out, but I didn't grab a picture. I did grab these though. I've never seen my big serpent up on the rocks before in the daytime - I have a feeling he was out and got caught with his pants down when the T5s switched on - he's curled up in the shade of the upper plate of my Monti cap:

serpent4_7_10.jpg

Grabbed a quick one of Junior while I had the camera out for the star. He seems to like hanging out in the birdsnest lately. I needed the flash to get the star in the shade - should have taken it off for the hawk picture - it's a bit washed out from the flash:

Junior4_7_10.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Eddie! Yes - the serpent has gotten big. I'd guess with his arms all extended fully he's about a foot across, or maybe even more. I just put some food in to see if I could tempt him to leave and go back under the rocks, but it didn't work. As soon as the food hit the water his arms were waving all over the place looking for pieces, but he's now retired back under the Monti.

Dweezil

Those are great pictures Terry. I have to agree with Val though that starfish freaks me out a bit too. LOL I would be afraid to put my hand in the tank. That picture came out amazing though :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks all. They don't call them serpent stars for no reason - the arms really do look like snakes. :) But it's been an excellent member of my CUC - not much gets by those arms sweeping across the substrate.

David Shaw

I agree with Tammy Terry, fantastic pic and it looks great, but i would be too freaked having it in my tank as it looks too worm like for me sadly :grind:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks David - but keep those scissorhands away from my tank - I may end up with a legless serpent star! :)