Reefmack's RSM 130

dmyers557

I lost all my coraline when I added my outer orbit lighting, but my tank params are perfect.

REEFMACK- Its been a while since I've come, hows your coraline doing?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
my coralline's doing fine Dustin. You may have just given us a clue as to what may have happened to Tom's coralline - it may be the increased output from his new T5s.

dmyers557

It's slowly coming back. It's been a little over a year and I find little new spots here and there. I don't really like it much so I was in a way happy. I'm sure if you use purple up or something it would come back fast

tvreaves

Terry, I didn't follow the "rules" and added my new flame hawkfish without it being the last fish I wanted to add. With your experience with the hawkfish, do you foresee any problems with adding a medium sized midas blenny at a later date?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Val - mine wasn't my last fish added, plus neither of my hawks (previous or newest one) has bothered anything in the tank, fish or inverts. No guarantees, but that's been my experience.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Terry's a rebel and does not "follow the rules" either. LOL

Tammy - Moi? Whatever gave you that idea, other than me admitting it more than once. :)

I've always tried to follow that most aggressive last one, but after losing a few fish over the last 3 years, I had to ignore it LOL! I'll admit I'm thankful that I've been lucky.

Dweezil

Eh...most of the rules are probably there for a reason but some of it seems to me got started with someone saying on the internet "this is the way to do things" and it then became reefing gospel. Even though technology and products have improved the gospel never changes. ;)

tvreaves

Thanks Terry. It is good to hear that you haven't had problems with the hawkfish especially since I have fallen madly in love with mine. My two "aggressive" fish have been great but one of my non-aggressive green chromis is a real jerk!

Dweezil

Val ~ I think they can all be "jerks" sometimes. My Blue Spot defies me sometimes. He's been gathering a mouth full of sand and seeking out the Vortech and spitting it in there to watch it snow. Never mind he is messing with a $200.00 piece of equipment! When I walk to the tank to scold him he almost laughs at me and does it again out of sheer spite!

Nowellsy SNR

Val ~ I think they can all be "jerks" sometimes. My Blue Spot defies me sometimes. He's been gathering a mouth full of sand and seeking out the Vortech and spitting it in there to watch it snow. Never mind he is messing with a $200.00 piece of equipment! When I walk to the tank to scold him he almost laughs at me and does it again out of sheer spite!
lol made me giggle that Tammy
:yup:

JimmyJ

That video would definitely win on America's Funniest Fish videos!! :)

Bobi1956

Terry - you probably already know this but thought would share it with you anyway LOL - I looked at two diff flame hawks at LFS and had discussion with John, the owner whom I've known for 20 yrs. Here is what he told me about the Flame - said if you add him last generally no problem, but if you add anything small, particularly crustaceans, after he's been in tank for while, he'll gobble them up so fast will make your head swim

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Bob - that's why I made sure I got a decent sized cleaner shrimp when I ordered the Flame Hawk. the shrimp went in 30 seconds before the hawk, but all of my shrimp are as big or bigger than the hawk. I've added tiny peppermints in the past and they just ended up as fish food (and those were pre-hawk days).