Reefmack's RSM 130

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The only SPS I have left is a Monti cap up on top, and it continues to grow well. I'm still at a max. of 35% Blues, and 40% white. My green Sinularia up on top is suffering a bit I think, so I may cut my max. back. Nothing bad seen with the other corals, and to be honest I haven't taken any pics to compare growth. My Toadstool leather on top is doing well also. I'll try to work in some pics after I next clean the glass. :)

crespeto

Well if nothing else you must be saving a bundle on power, with having them running at less then half power and being more efficient to begin with. More pics when you can. As for the over growing of coral, I'm sure in a year I'll be like damn where do I put all this stuff. Figure that is when I can talk the wife in to letting me setup a frag tank. Then I can sell or trade frags to support my growing habit :)

Dweezil

Hi Terry ~ Here I am still obsessing/watching the track of Hurricane Irene. So far I'm still planning on going. The current projection is that it will hit Ocean City late Saturday/Sunday morning. We will arrive Sat :(

redsea reefer

Hi Terry ~ Here I am still obsessing/watching the track of Hurricane Irene. So far I'm still planning on going. The current projection is that it will hit Ocean City late Saturday/Sunday morning. We will arrive Sat :(

Hi Tammy,

I missed you and wouldn't you know it, I checked the front page and there you were. hopefully you're trip will go without a hitch and you have a great time. You deserve it. Have a blast!

@ Terry -

Hi bud, hope you're doing good and family as well. Just popping in to say hi, so hi..LOL :)

Sent from a place far far away...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi all. Nothing at all new with the tank, and I'm just in maintenance mode - just doing what has to be done and not adding anything new, and no plans to do so.

Tammy - I sure hope you get there safely before Irene hits, and that it won't affect the vacation more than having one rainy day. If you have internet access let us know how it goes.

Hi Eddie! :wave:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey Terry how far are you from the coast? Are they predicting Irene could cause you trouble where you live?

sidebar - +1 Tammy - I sure hope you get there safely before Irene hits, and that it won't affect the vacation & Hi Eddie !

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Glenn - we're a couple hundred miles from the coast - a 6 hour drive or more. They sometimes have a hurricane off the NC coast and we just get partly cloudy skies and a breeze. When Hugo came through Charleston, SC in 1989 and then inland to Charlotte, we had a disaster here - trees & power lines down, chimneys blown off, etc. We were out of power in my area for 2-3 days but many in the Charlotte area were without power for 3 weeks. That was a pretty scary morning with the wind noise, and hearing trees being snapped off. I lost a big pine in the back yard, and had some water damage, but was luckier than a lot of people. It was very strange going back to work after a couple days and having the National Guard directing traffic at intersections (no power, no traffic signals, plus a lot of signals blown down). I'd rather not go through that again! The way Irene is tracking we may see nothing from it in Charlotte, or just a breezy rain.

Dweezil

Terry ~ Right now it is looking more and more like we may have to postpone this vacation at least a couple days. I just called the emergency mgmt number and they have begun phase 1 of the emergency evacuation process. I do not want to drive the 9 hrs and get there only to be told we have to leave. This is shaping up to be a VERY big storm. I can ride out bad weather but I would like to have power and not flooded out. :) I'll keep watching today and tomorrow make my decision then I guess. Here is a picture of where we will be. I have circled in red the approx place. Water on all 3 sides so it looks like it could get slammed. :(

oceancity_maryland_hotels-300x240.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Tammy - it sounds like postponing a few days may be a wise decision. That spot you pictured has no protection and no high ground - a lot like the Outer Banks here - a thin isle of sand between the ocean and sound side. Pretty dangerous in a storm like this. If it's really bad, the place you have reserved may not even be habitable afterward. Good luck making a tough decision. :eek:h: