Reefkeeping tank of the month award to Mojo :D

64Ivy

Great job and a well deserved honor. More importantly however, thanks for giving me something pretty to look at during the blizzard that's currently raging outside. :)

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Thanks alot folks..again you folks are to nice.

Ivy just make sure you stay inside, storms always look so much better on the other side of the glass

Mike

TDEVIL

congrats Mike, well deserved

i have a Q about your moon lights,

"For moonlight, two 25 watt blue party bulbs have been placed on a "Caribbean type" photoperiod programmed by the Octopus controller, but lately this has been shut down to control the spawning events."

can you elaborate a bit on this, i have 17 LEDs on my tank and wander if i need to keep a closer eye on this

thanks

and again, well deserved :D

TD

Playa

You know something about Mike? For those of you who have gotten to know him a little better, It is not even so much as to how grandious the reef is, but how grandious Mike really is. Mike will bend backwards in flips just trying to help someone. He is one of the most unselfish human beings I have ever had the pleasure to know.(No I dont want any free frags Mike:)

Mike buddy, way to go! I cant wait to see your reef a few years from now.

Luis

mojoreef

Just a reefer
TD thanks. I dont think this would be something you would not have o woory about. I had a very frisky urchin that would loose it at first sign of the lights, from thier a smaller urchin would react and do it to, them the durasa got involved. It was fun to watch for awhile, but old day after day, lol

Playa the last person to talk so nice about me I had to marry so becareful,rofl

Mike

sharks

Contributing Member
Originally posted by Playa
You know something about Mike? For those of you who have gotten to know him a little better, It is not even so much as to how grandious the reef is, but how grandious Mike really is. Mike will bend backwards in flips just trying to help someone. He is one of the most unselfish human beings I have ever had the pleasure to know.(No I dont want any free frags Mike:)

Luis

I totally agree with you Luis. Mike is the man! :D
Helped me many times and with his honesty, intelligence, and experience we are in good hands.
He hooked me up a few times now. He knows EVERYONE :craig:

Mike can you post a pic of the monster frogspawn? I can’t find it in the pics anywhere :(
I have one doing well but there is just too much flow in my system for LPS’s
Since you have more flow then anyone I know…
What is the secret behind the monster? How does the flesh stay on the stone? LOL
S

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Hey sharks, I dont do anything really special for it, no trarget feeding or anything like that. Its close to the bottom of the tank but still gets pretty good light, for flow its medium at best, the polyps just rock back and forth nothing to much. It is a biggen though, here a couple of pics.
The clown tang is about 4.5 inches for scale
4DSCN0026.jpg

and one with abit of the tank
4DSCN0028.jpg

mike

Playa

That is the biggest one I have ever saw!

Mike please name your favorite tangs in a reef tank. I have a Red sea Sailfin and a Mimic tang right now. I was actually thinking about either a Naso or a Clown next.

Luis

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Naso is a great one, red sea sailfin after that. I would not recomend the clown at all, they are mean as snakes.

Mike

Pro_builder

Mike, Congrats on the award, you definately have a tank for us all to strive to get. :D You have done an Excellent job on setup and maintaining your tank!!!:cool:

dgasmd

Mike. What can I say that has not been said already? Congratulations on a more than well deserved achievement. I am sure looking at this tank daily is just the encouragement you need. I am also sure from what I know of you so far that this is jsut the results of many painful experiences making you the reefer you are today. I can only hope one day I can shape my tank to look half as decent as yours.

Alberto

Robz

Mike,
just to add a couple of lines :) congrats and It was about time to be TOTM, best way for a 2003 grand finale of RKM ;) :cool: "tank of the year" :D :D :D looks great man!!!