Reefer Joe's 130D Tank Thread

reeferjoe

Ok! A bunch of new happenings...

The Algae Blenny is either *REALLY* good at hiding or a goner. Haven't seen him in days. I'm hoping he's just chilling in the tunnels under the rock that my pistols have dug.

The Firefish is doing great - it's funny, when the lights go out, he goes to the back corner of the tank and lays down on the sand - sleeps there the whole night. Never thought a fish actually laid down to sleep... Haha

We added a pair of clowns in - my 2.5 year old daughter is beyond happy that Nemo (and "Nemo's Friend") is finally in the tank.

Also got my first mail order shipment - from Cherry Corals - put in a Duncan tree and a Neon Green Candy Cane. Both are doing great - in the pic below, the Duncan is on the left and the Candy Cane is on the right.

Finally, picked up a Blasto frag from the LFS where I got the clowns from... Then a weird thing happened. The MINUTE I glued them onto the rock in the tank, my Peppermint Shrimp came right over and he went to town on it. Not sure if he was cleaning the heck out of it or if he was eating it. The polyps aren't doing much and I don't know if they're just stressed or dead. I'm going to give it a week, hopefully they'll recover and pop out. If anyone had any experience with something like this, I'd love to hear your thoughts on what I should do. (I'm thinking the Pep needs to go)

Anyway, here is a new FTS from yesterday night. Enjoy!

tank.jpg

catran

Wow, awesome tank! I live all the brightly colored corals, great job Joe!

Stay tuned for the 40b!!!

catran

Thanks Cat! Much appreciated. I am definitely trying to go for a colorful tank. :eek:lsmile:

What is the 40b?

I'm shutting down all my home tanks. I have the RSM130d, 250, and a 29g. Then, I'll be setting up a 40b with a 27g sump. All that's a long way off though. I still have the 28g JBJ Nanocube at work.

Stay tuned for the 40b!