Reef advice and help

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
What are you trying to accomplish with the tank? Sandbed looks thin and rocks look like they are in the low side as well. If you want a reef more than a FOWLR than I’d add more. After that you can gauge flow, lighting and water quality

DaveK

The first thing you want to figure out is what to you want to keep in your system. This does not need to be an all inclusive list, but you do need some idea about the general direction you want the tank to take. One example, if you choose small fish you can put more in, but you might not be able to see them from actoss the room. in other words, every choice you make will have some side effects.

Ideally you want the livestock you want to keep drive the other choices you make.

What are you trying to accomplish with the tank? Sandbed looks thin and rocks look like they are in the low side as well. If you want a reef more than a FOWLR than I’d add more. After that you can gauge flow, lighting and water quality
I am planning on getting more rock but im not sure how to aquascape it in a good way to have the best placement for coral bscause i mainly want a reef with a few fish. Especially with the flow and existing aquascape.