Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

jpsika08

Nice videos Juan!!

The fish look healthy and happy.

nice video.
everything looks to be doing well.
congrats on potm

Great video congrats on picture of the month.

Pretty fish Juan, it's going to be fun when you release them into the monster :).

Great vid!! Grats on POTM!!

sent from Stretch's DROID X using Tapatalk

Beautiful new fish !

Absolutely beautiful fish Juan! Thanks for the video :)

Congrats on POTM. That's one beautiful fish. Cool videos to. Your live stock are alway awesome. :)

Awesome QT setup Juan!!! Did you make those tanks yourself? (well not the glass, I mean did you put them together yourself?!!!!)

Congrats on winning POTM Juan! Great pic of the Purple Lined Chromis! :D

Thank you very much guys, fish are beginning to be much more relaxed, they eat without any shyness in front of me, idea right now will be to get them as fat as possible so they are healthy when going into the tank.

Bryan,
Yes, all the setup was made by me, they acrylic hoods and tank positioning and setup :)

Eddie LOL, beautiful Super Chromis in the picture LOL :D

jpsika08

Thanks Tom, all QT's are individual, they just have the Cascade filter with sponge and carbon (as no medicine has been introduced), not even using a heater as the fishroom's temperature keeps around 78F, I'm targeting 30% weekly water changes as I have been feeding a lot, I don't want Nitrates to go up and kill the fish, also, my salinity will go from 1.022 (Right now) to 1.018, the lower the salinity the better oxygen will be in the water.

tnwillia

Ok understood, thanks! Are you going to keep water in the QTs or just fill as you need them once you finish a cycle?

jpsika08

Once QT term ends for the actual stock I will be emptying them until needed again.
I did a little formula for the amount of fish I have vs. the rule per gallon

I took the total amount of fish I have based on their max size reachable (Reference LiveAquaria),

Total Fish: 22
Total (Max Size) of Inches right now: 105

If I consider 5 gallon per inch rule, I'm at 130%, so I really don't know if I will be adding more fish as I don't want to stress them due to overstock.
If I do, when the QT's are needed again I will re fill them :)

jpsika08

LOL, no more tanks, it's taking me everyday at least 1 to 2 hours to keep everything as expected, between feeding, vitamin adding, top off, target feeding Nigel and maintaining the DT is crazy! :D

You're welcome Tom.

steved13

PREMIUM
Once QT term ends for the actual stock I will be emptying them until needed again.
I did a little formula for the amount of fish I have vs. the rule per gallon

I took the total amount of fish I have based on their max size reachable (Reference LiveAquaria),

Total Fish: 22
Total (Max Size) of Inches right now: 105

If I consider 5 gallon per inch rule, I'm at 130%, so I really don't know if I will be adding more fish as I don't want to stress them due to overstock.
If I do, when the QT's are needed again I will re fill them :)

It's amazing how fast it fills up even with a big tank!!!

steved13

PREMIUM
Really small stuff like the Barnacle Blennies, I don't think count as high, even at fully grown they don't add much Bio-load. I would have to count 8 of them as 16" and I think they're more like the bio load of 4"-5" of most fish.

I don't think you have any little guys this time though do you? If not that's what you can still add later.

jpsika08

Yes, the Barnacle Blennies are a great option and I have been asking my LFS to bring me some but it seems they are nowhere to be found, also, I want to begin concentrating on corals now as there is a LOT to fill on that side LOL :)

Willie McDaries

Juan,I've scanned through page after page after page and still haven't found your LED lights (man what a thread :) just awesome) everybody stop posting for 3 months til I get caught up reading :lol: just kidding of course........I was curious as to how you mounted them and what they look like,and the latest photo of your tank :D

jpsika08

LOL Willie, thread has gotten very big, I need to update the index on the first page :D

Here are pics of the lights, I will update the FTS.

For the lights I used the AI's rail system, need to add another 24" rails so I can separate each module from other and light spread is better:
0624011-AI-2.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Willie McDaries

I backed up and found your last video,the rock work looks awesome,those lights are wicked cool too,I've got to change over to LED soon,I just can't afford 'em just yet,I'll probable go with DIY LEDs though

you've done an incredible job with plumbing and everything,just an awesome system...can't wait to see it all grown in with coral,gonna be a beauty for sure

Lomu

Juan amazing update. Love all the fish in the QT.

Will start homework and see hoy much overstocked my system is, but i´m afraid LOL. You and your info jajajja

Lomu

After 5 minute work time I found out that i´m well over 200% overstocked. :eek:h:
I have a 220g system and i have 14 fish that sum in total per 5g rule the total of 485g :sinking:

Good thing i have a big skimmer, anyhow ... will try to catch some fish and take them to the LFS store, and exchange them for little buddys

Thank you for ruining my saturday morning LOL

jpsika08

I backed up and found your last video,the rock work looks awesome,those lights are wicked cool too,I've got to change over to LED soon,I just can't afford 'em just yet,I'll probable go with DIY LEDs though

you've done an incredible job with plumbing and everything,just an awesome system...can't wait to see it all grown in with coral,gonna be a beauty for sure

Thank you very much Willie! glad you liked everything, I was going to go with DIY, the only thing held me of doing so was the warranty which being outside the US is very difficult to deal with.

Juan amazing update. Love all the fish in the QT.

Will start homework and see hoy much overstocked my system is, but i´m afraid LOL. You and your info jajajja

After 5 minute work time I found out that i´m well over 200% overstocked. :eek:h:
I have a 220g system and i have 14 fish that sum in total per 5g rule the total of 485g :sinking:

Good thing i have a big skimmer, anyhow ... will try to catch some fish and take them to the LFS store, and exchange them for little buddys

Thank you for ruining my saturday morning LOL

LOL Vlado, what are friends for? LOL :D
With that skimmer of yours I think you're ok :)

jpsika08

I went to the Beach House and housekeeper called, The BlueThroat Triggerfish was dead :(
He was not in good shape since I got it, he always was hiding, what the housekeeper told me (As I told her to throw the fish) is that he had a big bump underneath him, I can only guess it was worms, if he had come out more often maybe I would have noticed this and use PaziPro.

Oh, well, this is what QT is for, good thing it wasn't in the DT.