Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Welcome back buddy. Enjoy vacation. Recharge those batteries!

........the mayor votes funlad for president!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Fuge looks great Juan (but really, let's just call it your eel tank.....fuges are not supposed to be 200+ gallons!)

Glad to see you're back

jpsika08

Welcome back Juan! Glad to hear life is falling back in line for ya, the rough patches sure suck.

Thanks Brandon, yes, the instability sucks real time, though, these rough patches make you stronger and most of the time, more intelligent :D
Thanks for stopping by :)

Welcome back buddy. Enjoy vacation. Recharge those batteries!

........the mayor votes funlad for president!

Thanks Matt :D

Fuge looks great Juan (but really, let's just call it your eel tank.....fuges are not supposed to be 200+ gallons!)

Glad to see you're back

LOL, thanks Bryan, at least I just introduced 12 mangrove seeds brought in from the beach today hahahaha

Glad your OK, take care of life, we'll be here when you have time!

Thank you very much Tom, :D

jpsika08

On-topic with the system, as mentioned before the new fuge is on-line and working great, what I was happy to learn was that during the move, both my lionfish and eel had to be removed from the former fuge into a temporary container, both of them stay there for at least 6 hours, then again, caught and placed in the new fuge, some sand and debris was running around, and things began working on the new fuge so the amount of stress on these fish was huge, non of them had one white spot of crypto on them, I was almost certain that this was the best test possible to put the fish under such path that if the system had ich, it would def. show up at that point, well no spots and that was a little over two weeks now. :D

Pics coming up once I recharge my camera and clean the fuge glass :D

sk8rdn

jpsika08 said:
On-topic with the system, as mentioned before the new fuge is on-line and working great, what I was happy to learn was that during the move, both my lionfish and eel had to be removed from the former fuge into a temporary container, both of them stay there for at least 6 hours, then again, caught and placed in the new fuge, some sand and debris was running around, and things began working on the new fuge so the amount of stress on these fish was huge, non of them had one white spot of crypto on them, I was almost certain that this was the best test possible to put the fish under such path that if the system had ich, it would def. show up at that point, well no spots and that was a little over two weeks now. :D

Pics coming up once I recharge my camera and clean the fuge glass :D

Awesome. Glad to see things are on the up trend.

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....

jpsika08

Fuge Update

Fuge is online and working great, no problems so far and hope none appear, the tank is built with 10mm glass, it has some vertical beams which form the first and last chambers where the overflows are, also, it has an eurobrace on top and a beam going from back to front to avoid glass from expanding.

The fuge is fed with a pump and water gravity delivered back into the sump so no problem in case of a power outage.

Here are a couple of shots and a video of the fuge, maybe Red works as a size reference, he is about 7" long now.
IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

And here is a YouTube video explains the system, sorry for the bad English and horrible camera:
Fuge tank explained - YouTube

BTW, this is my live cam address:

http://jpsika08.dyndns.org:80

sk8rdn

jpsika08 said:
Fuge is online and working great, no problems so far and hope none appear, the tank is built with 10mm glass, it has some vertical beams which form the first and last chambers where the overflows are, also, it has an eurobrace on top and a beam going from back to front to avoid glass from expanding.

The fuge is fed with a pump and water gravity delivered back into the sump so no problem in case of a power outage.

Here are a couple of shots and a video of the fuge, maybe Red works as a size reference, he is about 7" long now.

And here is a YouTube video explains the system, sorry for the bad English and horrible camera:
Fuge tank explained - YouTube

BTW, this is my live cam address:

http://jpsika08.dyndns.org:80

Great walk through video! Just don't trip on the pipes across the floor.
And I have to ask: if you drilled the sump for the fuge/frag return line, why not drill it for the HY feed pump for them as well? It'd take some of the extra load off of the pump too by eliminating some extra pvc length. Just a thought...

sk8rdn

tommyboynj said:
Just the fact that you have a mag cleaner for your fuge is a sign that your your a reef junkie. Looking great Juan.

+1 I noticed that too... Lol.

jpsika08

Just the fact that you have a mag cleaner for your fuge is a sign that your your a reef junkie. Looking great Juan.

LOL Tommy, thanks for stopping by :D

Great walk through video! Just don't trip on the pipes across the floor.
And I have to ask: if you drilled the sump for the fuge/frag return line, why not drill it for the HY feed pump for them as well? It'd take some of the extra load off of the pump too by eliminating some extra pvc length. Just a thought...

+1 I noticed that too... Lol.

LMAO Bill, yes you're right, I didn't do the side hole for the feed pump as I forgot to buy the 1" Bulkhead :eek:
Now I will leave it like that until I re-connect the frag tank as I will need all the head pressure I can get from that pump.

The feed line to the fuge you showed in the beginning of the video must be powered by a strong pump!

Thanks, yes the Water blaster pumps from Reef Octopus are very strong, what I like about them is that little heat transfer to the water, silent and can be used internal or external.

lethal

Welcome back buddy. Glad to hear that you're sorting through your problems and hopefully getting on top of them. Your fuge is a work of art, well done :).