Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

jpsika08

Hey Vlado,
Where have you been? hope life is well.

Thank for that link, I have made the same design based on Paul's idea :)
I will take pics of what I did and post them, thanks again.

jpsika08

Ok, new fuge renderings, I think today I will ask the glass cutter to begin preparing all pieces so the glass builder can have it ready by Saturday.

Perspective views:
Render01-5.jpg

Tank will be eurobraced, I consider this type of tank great for escapist fish as eels as it avoids them to crawl out on the top
Render07-3.jpg

"
Render05-4.jpg

First chamber where water will be introduced:
Render02-4.jpg

Main area:
Render03-3.jpg

And return chamber where there will be only a drainage connected to the first chamber of the sump, this tank works like a sump but in inverse, where water is pushed in and a drainage is used to pull out.
Render04-5.jpg

Also, on top of the two overflows there is a small crate I'm using to avoid unwanted critters in the return chamber and input chamber:
Render06-3.jpg

More pics once progress is being made.

jpsika08

Thanks Tom! :)
How's the DD planning going?

BTW, as Tok could indeed receive a new RSM250, did you talk with Kevin to see if they can workout something for you?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Juan that looks awesome dude. When r u getting started on it

......something smells fishy.

jpsika08

Thanks Matt, tomorrow but there are few steps involved in modifying the actual fishroom layout, at least the racks.

Will take pics once it commences.

Glass for the tank will be bought today.

Built347

Looks great man.. I tried to hop back on my AutoCAD the other day.... I have lost the touch since college..

.....Don't disturb me when I'm vacuuming!!

jpsika08

Thanks Devon, I know what you mean, but practice makes it easier to remember :)

Also, Autocad is much harder than 3DMax.

jpsika08

No, I think it's cheaper, though, it's around $ 3,000.
Of course I just got a copy from a friend which is Arquitect, I wouldn't buy a new products just for personal use.

Built347

My student AutoCAD was around 900 I think... idk that was years ago... what do u want for a copy of 3dmax? :)

.....Don't disturb me when I'm vacuuming!!

jpsika08

Ok, broke out the tank:
Render08-2.jpg

Just bought the Glass sheet and tomorrow morning the glass guy will cut the requested parts.
Also, confirmed with the Glass builder,he will come to my house o Saturday and the tank will be in place hopefully by Sunday (Once it dries).

Bought online 2, 2" Hayward Bulkheads for the draininage (Return section), hopefully I will get them by Tuesday which will give me plenty of time to prep the tank.

I will place Nigel on a QT and Red in the sump, transfer sand, rocks, macro, water and critters to the new fuge and connect the system so it can circulate, once this is done, Red and Nigel into their new home.

I think I will place 5" of sandbed and increase the amount of rocks so Nigel will be happier.