Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

snake plissken

I already posted a FTS in this thread a few days ago. hopefully i don't get "voted off the island" for another, but i wanted to share my recent attempt at a "night shot".

moonlights only + a long exposure time =
Feb2009067.jpg

130D Latest pictures

Here are some pictures of the tank. It is coming along nicely I think. Have some micro bubbles, but I'm working on getting rid of them trying one thing at a time.

Attachments

• 03_01_09_A.jpg
    03_01_09_A.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,065
  • 03_01_09_B.jpg
    03_01_09_B.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 03_01_09_C.jpg
    03_01_09_C.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,052
  • 03_01_09_D.jpg
    03_01_09_D.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,058
  • 03_01_09_E.jpg
    03_01_09_E.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,054

dmyers557

Littlejester- Nice setup. Good luck with the microbubbles. I got so tired of it that I changed out my skimmer with a Tunze 9002. Plus it did not produce much skimmate for me.

There are a few more things I need to try. If I don't get good results, I'm going to move the Skimmer down under to my refugium. I'm not sure if anyone has done this but I think it should work. As an aside I am getting good skimmate from the RS skimmer.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Drew - very nice setup of the sump/fuge & Tunze in the extra RSM cabinet! What's the container in the cabinet under the tank - ATO reservoir or ?

mrfishy

thanks reefmack
if you mean the container in the sump on the left, that holds the pump for the chiller and phosphate reactor. the one on the right ouside is just a mixing container, just forgot to move it before picture.
i have already noticed my water readings are a lot more stable and the tank is sooooooooo much quiter !!!!!!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Quiet is good! Since putting in the sump/fuge in the cabinet, and the Tunze 9002 skimmer down there, and having a raised hood, my tank is close to 100% silent. With my wife recovering from surgery and us relocating sleeping to the family room downstairs, I'm now sleeping about 6 feet feet from the tank and the only thing I can hear (if I try to) is a near silent hum from the Vortech.

mrfishy

hi terry
i can't believe the difference without the skimmer in the tank. going to remove both circulation pumps and replace with a single tunze unit to backup the vortech pump. the cooling fans in the hood are now top end computer fans, hood now silent !!!
the tunze 9005 is pulling soooo much extra gunk out of the tank, just done my weekly water change via the sump, its great not to disturb the main display during the water changing and testing
cheers
drew

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I was going to ask how you liked the 9005 skimmer, but you just answered my question! I'd like to get one myself, but I'm not sure I'd be able to get the cup out with the shelf in the cabinet. Plus, I'm very happy with the amount of stinky gunk the 9002 pulls out daily.

mrfishy

this is off a pdf from tunze

Technical data - Comline DOC Skimmer
9005, recommended for aquariums up to 500 litres
(132 USgal.) of salt water.
230V/50Hz (115V/60Hz) 12 W
Water throughput: 800 l/h (211 USgal./h)
Air capacity: 500 l/h (132 USgal./h).

i was advised to go for the next skimmer up capacity for sps corals
sounds like the nano is doing the same job though