Quick Plumbing Question

modulok

I have a female threaded connector 3/4" (My Red Sea Max 500) that I want to adapt to a 1/2 hose barb.

From what I found, MPT= Male Pipe Thread. So from the images below, the MPT is 3/4" and that would fit in my system.

MPT x Insert Reducing Adapter
3/4" MPT x 1" Insert (Picture is probably the 1-1/2" MPT x 1" Insert) I think I would need an extra reducer to use this.
p_925042_32816-i.jpg

MPT x Insert Adapter - Connect to FPT and 3/4" hose
3/4" x 3/4"
p_175002_32818-i.jpg

Insert x Insert Reducing Adapters - Connect the 3/4" to hose from above & 1/2" barb to 1/2" hose for reactor.
3/4" Insert x 1/2" Insert
p_925380_13645S.jpg

Is that correct? Are the last two parts what I need? (Besides the hose)

DaveK

Yes, the last two fittings will do this, but you can get this all in on fitting. Here is one place (offsite) - Savko Plastic Pipe & Fittings There are many others. This will gve you a much neeter look, and give slightly better flow.

However, check what you are trying to hook up. Using both of those fittings will result in a tremendous loss of flow through the plumbing. Depending upon the rest of the plumbing, you may be creating a problem. So the question then becomes, what are you trying to connect to, and how will this fit into the rest of the tanks plumbing?