Question of the week: July 23rd, 2012

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The "Question of the week" for this week is:

rcelegance005.jpg

If you could tell a new reefer ONE thing... (what would that be and why)?

Stretch

Has been struck by the ban stick
My very first piece of advice is always this:

Just because a LFS says it's ok, doesn't mean it is. Think about what they are telling you, and why they are telling it ($$). Do your own research! It saves alot of headache and money in the long run. :D

Built347

Don't do drugs... Stick with reefers.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Built347

Now that that's out of the way the best advise you can give to new reefer is take it slow... Because nobody does without being told to... Going too fast is a quick way to get in this hobby and right back out of it...

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

dmatt88

Buy a wet Vac.

.............its calibrate ur hydrometer month. no not really but Sheez its important.

steved13

PREMIUM
Watch out for BigAl07....do I need to say why! :D (I've got a theme going)

first, patience...we all know why

second, research for yourself...sometimes something doesn't make sense, you may find that the advice is, let's say... not the best, on the other hand, you may find that it was excellent advice and after researching it you know why it is.

seafansar

Same advice I was given pretty quickly, research different equipment and figure out what will work with what you want and buy that. You don't want to be having to buy a new lighting unit down the road, cause you wanted to save money when you started and bought cheap PC's instead of a nice T-5 or metal halide unit.

^Of course, maybe spending almost $1,000 on my first light unit was part of the reason why I could never pull the plug and get out of the hobby. Too invested right off the bat! lol.

Funlad3

Me: Quarantine! Even if a fish turns out to be completely healthy in quarantine, you know you won't harm all of your fish. If it is sick, then you you know you won't harm all of your fish.

New Tankhead: But the quarantine is stressful, and this fish is already delicate!

Me: That's great that it's delicate, but if it turns out to be sick, you'll have to catch it and quarantine it with every other fish in your tank. That's more stressful!

So yeah, quarantine.

Someone give Matt some Karma for me, I can't. :lol:

Brady92

Haha buy a wet vac that's funny more like buy seeds and see what you can grow in you carpet though

I Love Living In Japan

StirCrayzy

_ Dont Give Up ! _

No tank starts perfect and stays perfect,
Roll with it, and learn to fix whats wrong.

sk8rdn

dmatt88 said:
Works opposite with wives.

.............its calibrate ur hydrometer month. no not really but Sheez its important.

HAHAHAHA!

....Secret Super Hero....