Question of the week: August 6th, 2012

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The "Question of the week" for this week is:

QT-SYSTEM.jpg

If If you could have any ONE piece of equipment for free (money was not an object) what would it be... and why?

Just one piece that would go with something you already have or are preparing to build!!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I would love to have the Vortech with the battery backup for power outage emergencies. It sure beats the mini air pump I use...lol

TylerHaworth

The one piece of equipment I need for free...

A brain that doesn't fart at the worst possible times!

Second choice would be a Profilux Mega-Super-Huge-Ultra-Amazing pack.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Vortech MP40W ES with battery backup. I'm watching a normal MP40 on Craigslist for dirt cheap, but I don't have the money. Come on Birthday!

sk8rdn

I'd have to go with the MP60s (as I think I'll need at least two) or a profilux. Both are way out of my price range.

....Secret Super Hero....

engineer goby

GHL Mitras LED, I can't afford to spend that much on a light or shall I say I can't let my wife see me spending that much on a light. You listening AL :)

engineer goby

I'd have to go with the MP60s (as I think I'll need at least two) or a profilux. Both are way out of my price range.

Part of my daily lottery winner day dream is me shipping you 2 mp60's to finally get the 350 wet :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
GHL Mitras LED, I can't afford to spend that much on a light or shall I say I can't let my wife see me spending that much on a light. You listening AL :)

Oh I'm listening... loud and clear....

By all means tell Santa (or is it Mrs Santa) of your wants and I'll help her work on your list :) LOL

sk8rdn

engineer goby said:
Part of my daily lottery winner day dream is me shipping you 2 mp60's to finally get the 350 wet :)

Thanks Rob! I feel loved...

sk8rdn

jjmoneyman said:
I would like a new electrical box in my house so I can do a major expansion of tanks.

Does a bigger house built around a series of tanks count as a piece of equipment, Al?

If so, I'm changing my answer to "fish house"...

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I've already had the electrician pull wires from the box in the back of the house to the front fish room but I can't add anything substantial without overloading the circuit and I'm maxed out. I need a new electrical box and some more darn circuits.

catran

A good HOB skimmer for my 29g. I can't keep one of my current skimmers running and I need something that my nems won't dive into, lol! Apparently, they love to get shredded. I lost 2 in that tank...

I love reefers...

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm going to "Cheat" and say my one piece of equipment would be a kick a$$ tank room to support my tank(s).

Here's a picture of what I think my ideal tank room would (will) look like courtesy of Dennis (d2mini from another forum)
Be sure to take note of his GHL ProfiLux equipment on the shelves . . . :)

7671843414_c052894621_o.jpg

7671842292_64d1256c71_o.jpg

7671842778_66b4405705_o.jpg

7671843074_5e2eb24d14_o.jpg

7671842528_aa964830d8_b.jpg

sk8rdn

BigAl07 said:
I'm going to "Cheat" and say my one piece of equipment would be a kick a$$ tank room to support my tank(s).

Here's a picture of what I think my ideal tank room would (will) look like courtesy of Dennis (d2mini from another forum)

Wow... That's all the troughs and storage bins I've been pricing lately... Looks awesome!

....Moving On, Moving On....

foxsavage

Does an array of solar panels count as a piece of equipment? If so then that is what I would choose, if not a Profilux.

engineer goby

7671843414_c052894621_o.jpg

7671842292_64d1256c71_o.jpg

7671842778_66b4405705_o.jpg

7671843074_5e2eb24d14_o.jpg

7671842528_aa964830d8_b.jpg

It's funny all this equipment is tied into a Biocube 14