Question for Canon users

Cal Native

What is your favorite macro lens? i just purchased the Canon 40d and a 70-200 mm zoom 2.8f so I'm broke. But Later I would like to get a macro lens what's your favorite?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Have you USED it yet? What are your thoughts? I was just reading reviews in that one ONLINE! That's probably my next camera!!! :)

Cal Native

Have you USED it yet? What are your thoughts? I was just reading reviews in that one ONLINE! That's probably my next camera!!! :)

Yes! It's fantastic, and talk about fast the 6.5 frames a sec. is insane.
check my photo gallery the last 3 pictures were from 5' away. The other photo were from my old Diamge A2.

goldenmean

I just got the XTI and I have been researching Macro lenses too.
I have heard that the EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro is a pretty good lens but for $50 bucks more you can get the F 100mm f/2.8 Macro which gets great reviews.
Now if money is no object then spend the $1200 or so on the 180mm which gets stellar reviews.
I believe I am going to get the 100mm macro lens

I have the Canon XTI with the 100mm Macro lens. I'd love to tell you about it but I haven't used it enough yet. You can look for a post of mine called practice pics for 2 pictures used with the Macro. The only other thing I'd suggest would be a tripod.

BoomerD

Isn't the 40D a Nikon, not a Canon? Not sure if the lenses would be interchangable or not between them...