QT - New Percs - This must be Marine Ich

StirCrayzy

So in week 5 of Quarantine, after FW Bath first, and 2 Formalin Baths, These spots started showing up on the Female.
Up until yesterday, there were no sign of parasites whatsoever, So i was planning on introducing them into the display within a month. Obviously that will not happen now.
So i went for a new 10g QT today, and picked up a new bottle of cupramine. Im going to finish the third Formalin bath today,and move the pair to the new 10g tank in an effort to reduce stress possibly from being housed in a 5g for the last month.
Also i was hoping to avoid free swimming forms of the parasite, and if the cysts fall off the fish and stay in the 5g at least moving the fish removes them from the cyst factory.
I think tomorrow i will begin Cupramine treatment, as opposed to Hyposalinity, though i have read Lee's treatment threads and understand both do well to Cure.
If you notice below, the male (last pic) also just started showing white feces? (parasites?)

Please feel free to comment, advise, critique etc. This is the second time ive treated fish for this, the first time did not end well, but i am better prepared this time. And it also helps that these are new fish that have not been in the DT yet.
DT had a parasite issue over a year ago, so i was just starting over.

This is the female two days ago
image014.jpg

These below are todays discoveries (see female's head)
image012.jpg

image010.jpg

image013.jpg

Male Parasite poo?
image011.jpg

StirCrayzy

Thanks for the reply Lee, I will source one of the meds you have listed in your thread, based on what is available to me.
I appreciate your thoughts and time.
Tomorrow I begin deworming, I shouldn't have overlooked that procedure, but it has been years since I have added fish.
At least I hadn't begun copper treatment yet.

Josh

Mobile

Last edited:

StirCrayzy

Heres a quick update. I Moved the pair into new 10g QT after Final Formalin Bath, but before prazi treatment.
Second dose of Praziquantel done, No sign of parasites in the last week.

StirCrayzy

Still no signs of any infection, Still eating good, looking healthy, ... 5 weeks after treatment.

so into the tank they go !