purple firefish

Emg

I brought home a purple firefish the other day......beautiful fish and aptly named !

onfire.jpg

Emg

Thanks all !......they certainly are a nice little fish !

A pic of it's home...for now...........I need more rock......(it's a 15gallon)

firehome.jpg

Last edited:

lcstorc

Perfect fish. Particularly for a small tank. I have a pair in my 90 and they tend to get lost.
Great pic. You caught it perfectly.

Emg

Thanks Reef, I do have a glass canopy over the tank. I made sure I had one before I got the fish.

It hides somewhat but does come out for a good while after I feed the tank. It will scoot quickly back into it's hole if I move quickly but it doesn't seem to be excessively shy. It will come up to the glass to check me out when I'm there.

A very nice fish. I actually have two of them in the tank. The other is a bit smaller and it tends to hide more.

Emg

Here's a much better pic of the adult.......and it's little partner.....MiniMe....

DSC06504.jpg

Hehe....cute little bugger....
minime.jpg

cuteminime.jpg

They seem to be getting along nicely in there....I "Think" that the larger one is a female based on the roundish belly. I'm hoping the smaller one is male.

Emg

please forgive my obsessive preoccupation here.....but, I just can't stop taking pics of these fish !!!...:eek:

and....what good is taking pics if you aren't going to share them.......
innocent0009.gif

DSC06666.jpg

DSC06662.jpg

DSC06637.jpg

DSC06652.jpg

DSC06658.jpg

Ok....I feel better now.....that should be enough for awhile.......I think........
confused0072.gif

RNicorvo

Wow - really beautiful fish, looks like they have pink lipstick on. Which of course for summer is the rage!

Thanks for sharing, good camera!

:white: