prettiest coral Ive seen

Frankie

RS STAFF
I just LOVE this coral Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Green Birds Nest Coral - Aquacultured

and I was wandering can it go it my tank. Its a 29 gallon biocube. set up for 7 months, T5 lighting, and has one fish.

If you read the quick stats next to the coral it tells you the requirements for keeping it. Honestly, that coral is under rated in the stats. I consider it to be an expert level coral that only will thrive under metal halides in near perfect water conditions. I would have to say your system is not ideal for it.
Very nice coral though.

mro2you2

If you read the quick stats next to the coral it tells you the requirements for keeping it. Honestly, that coral is under rated in the stats. I consider it to be an expert level coral that only will thrive under metal halides in near perfect water conditions. I would have to say your system is not ideal for it.
Very nice coral though.

dang, so are there any SPS coral good for T5 or am I limited to LPS and softies?

tolbert2002

The birds nest like other SPS would need higher lighting than the power compacts could provide. Halide or T5 would be good. If these don't get enough light they tend to stay brown and it takes a long time to color up if moved back under halide.

mro2you2

Im confused? do I have compact or T5. the manual does not list what lights I have. Its a 29 oceanic biocube.

Very nice coral though.

SPS corals are able to thrive under T-5 Lighting. Clean / Perfect water is a must, but the T-5s are able to support SPS colonies...

Here is proof... This tank has all T-5s... Looks pretty good to me!
fst_lg.jpg

This picture was taken from this months TOTM from Reefkeeper Magazine... Off the ReefCentral Website.

Reefkeeping Magazine - Tank of the Month

crabman66

If its stock lighting. compact fluorescent 36 watt antinic bluelight and 36 watt 10000k daylight with 3-.75 moonglow leds.I just set mine up in april

I have seen some people take the lid off of their bio cube and hang a metal halide light above it, or put a viper MH light on it. If your wanting some sps coral you might think about doing that.

mro2you2

I have seen some people take the lid off of their bio cube and hang a metal halide light above it, or put a viper MH light on it. If your wanting some sps coral you might think about doing that.

thanks all, I might do that, but a little low on money though.

aaronb

Another case of tank situation. I have pc lighting, and the coral pictured above, and knock on wood haven't had any problems yet. just as green as the day I bought it.

jdak

I think they need MH lighting. Gonna need more than a single or double florescent. t5 or pc. Here is mine...
DSC02179.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's not identical but very similar. "Birds Nest" fits 2 different SPS coral and they are very similar in most respects.