PowerCompact upgrade to LED

Mr.Reeefer

Hi All,

I have just upgraded my lighting from power compacts to LED.

WOW!!!! What a difference!!!!!

When setting up my tank my Local LFS did recommend LED however because of expense and lack of knowledge and experience I chose the PC as they did inform me this will keep my corals alive, and when were talking a $600 price difference I chose the cheaper option. 2.5 months and $800.00 later I have now got LED lighting.

As I started to fill my tank with corals I noticed that the intensity wasn't high enough for some of the corals, and the more I researched I found that if the intensity isn't high enough the corals won't grow and thrive.

So not only do I have lights that will make my corals grow and thrive, I also have lights that have changed the complete visual aspect of my reef tank, the whole tank from the LR, corals and fish look ssssoooo much better.

The LED's are fully programmable, so I have the sunrise and sun set effect, high intensity in the middle of the day, and very low blue light at night to simulate the moon.

At full intensity there is minimal heat from the LEDs but the unit has built in fans that kick in if they do start to heat up.

Before purchasing the LEDs I done some research on lighting, T5s, HO, VHO, halide, and while these lights get a very good wrap online, LED it what I I chose.

congrads on the new Led's that's on my wish list maybe some day! but are pricey and i'm poor plus my tank is 7ft long need quite a few to cover my tank

Mr.Reeefer

congrads on the new Led's that's on my wish list maybe some day! but are pricey and i'm poor plus my tank is 7ft long need quite a few to cover my tank

you can envy my lighting and i will envy your tank as mine is only 140L!!!

Can't wait to I upgrade the size, but I have to be patient utile we finish building, hoping for a 8 to 12 footer.

you can envy my lighting and i will envy your tank as mine is only 140L!!!

Can't wait to I upgrade the size, but I have to be patient utile we finish building, hoping for a 8 to 12 footer.

there you go most guys always claim to have an 8 to 12 any way lol