Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

tnwillia

UKoldschool, you talking about the left chamber 600GPH pump? How did it fit? did you mount it the same way, same hardware? Thanks!

tnwillia

That is what I was looking at Terry. I was thinking of replacing both mine with Maxi-Jet 1100s if they will fit as I really don't need anything more than something to push the back chamber water out and keep it moving. Posibilities!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Tom. I can't recall how long I've had the 1100 running. I had in in my first sump/refugium, then was sumpless for a while. To be honest, since I set the latest sump up several months ago I haven't had it out for cleaning, and have had no problems with it. It gets turned off and on frequently and no problems with it restarting. I tend to forget about it, but I should pull it out soon and clean it.

tnwillia

You just told me it's a tough little pump, thats good news. I've got an 1800 I've been using for salt mixing for over 18 months now but it's to big for this. Thanks!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've got an 1800 too. I originally had it for my return pump, but it seemed borderline too much for the LifeReef siphon.

Ok, I have good news and bad news!

The good news is my wife and I are expecting our first baby! YAY...

The bad news, we could use the room so I must part ways with my RSM 250!
I know this isn't the selling post but if anyone is interested, I'm in the Boston area.

All equipment is for sale.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good news on the baby on the way! Sorry that you must part with the tank, but room for the baby is an excellent reason! Best wishes for a happy and healthy baby. :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi,

I'm new here. I have a question regarding the max 250. What do you use to replace the filter media (#5 & #10 from the picture)?

Red Sea MAX130D | Filtration & Circulation unit

thanks

The link may have not shown up due to you not having enough posts yet, but here's the picture to help.......

I don't have the 250 (130 here) but I'll be interested in the replies.

250_filtration_big.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

#5 and #10 are sponges... I think most run them... a few run non, but nice to trap particles... sure some 250 owners will advise soon.