Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

steved13

PREMIUM
CCloanshark, Very nice mod. Could you post a pic or 2 or 3 at different light intensities?

Also, is there any ventilation IE: fans?

Thanks

ccloanshark

From what I understand the 70 degree optics give it a better light spread. I'm not sure if that $25 per set of 4 is for each led or for each circular group of LEDs.

Is the AI controller easy to use? Does it allow a gradual increase and decrease in light intensity to simulate sunrise/sunset (up to your selected maximum %)?

Is the AI controller easy to use? Very Easy..
Does it allow a gradual increase and decrease in light intensity to simulate sunrise/sunset (up to your selected maximum %)? Yes, you can increase by 5% from 0% - 100%

ccloanshark

CCloanshark, Very nice mod. Could you post a pic or 2 or 3 at different light intensities?

Also, is there any ventilation IE: fans?

Thanks

I will try to take some photos tonight. As for ventilation, I don't have any of the stock fans running. No need, its cool without it. I could not bare the sound of those loud fans anymore.

infer66

I am ready to place my order for two AI Sol Super blue. Any tips of whats else is needed?
I am getting the cable for my GHL Profilux and two data link cables.
That pic of the mounting would be super.
Thanks

ccloanshark

Could you post a pic or 2 or 3 at different light intensities?

Here are the pictures at different %. Look more intense in person especially with the blue on only. it makes everything glow. Definitely worth the upgrade...

w100b0rb0.jpg

white 100%, blue 0%,royal blue 0%
w100b100rb0.jpg

white 100%, blue 100 %, royal blue 0%
w100b100rb100.jpg

white 100%, blue 100%, royal blue 100%
w0b100rb100.jpg

white 0%, blue 100%, royal blue 100%
w0b50rb0.jpg

white 0%, blue 50%, royal blue 0%
w0b10rb10.jpg

white 0%, blue 10%, royal blue 10%
w15b20rb20.jpg

white 15%, blue 20%, royal blue 20%

ccloanshark

no problem. glad to be able to help. Hopefully i can find some free time to post up all the install pictures. special thanks to screensweeper for taking time to answer all my questions before my mod. Check out his Maxspect LED setup. Thanks again Dennis.

steved13

PREMIUM
I hate to be a pain, but...what intensity do you normally run the lights at? Also, it looks like you pulled the T5 tubes and reflector and wiring etc. and put the 2 LED units in the same spot...is that true? Any cutting? How many power cords? I know you said no fans, still no heat build up?

Thanks again.

ccloanshark

I hate to be a pain, but...what intensity do you normally run the lights at? Also, it looks like you pulled the T5 tubes and reflector and wiring etc. and put the 2 LED units in the same spot...is that true? Any cutting? How many power cords? I know you said no fans, still no heat build up?

Thanks again.
I definitely do not run these things at 100%. only had the lights for a few days now and im slowly increasing it so my coral and fish can get use to the brightness. im currently at white 25%, blue 30% and royal blue 30%. my goal here is to get it up to 50% sometime within the new 2 weeks. I have heard horror stories about people running them at 100%.

As for the install, i removed the 6 bulbs and then unscrewed the reflector. Then i made 2 alumium brackets to mount onto the original t5 brackets. as for the wires I ran them along with the cable that goes to the external fan on the left side. I will post step by step guide soon for anyone that is interested. My fans are still on the tank and it runs still if i turn them on but it doesn't heat up so there for i leave it off.

infer66

Thanks for all the info ccloanshark. Does your frag rack get enough light? Or is the beam too narrow.
Also do the Sol units fit in the RSM without removing the reflector, say just drilling the reflector to mount? I am waiting for mine to arrive and its all your fault ;-)

ccloanshark

Thanks for all the info ccloanshark. Does your frag rack get enough light? Or is the beam too narrow.
Also do the Sol units fit in the RSM without removing the reflector, say just drilling the reflector to mount? I am waiting for mine to arrive and its all your fault ;-)

the frag tank gets enough light when the % is higher.. but since i run it at 25% it gets ok lighting. As for the reflector, you can leave it there if you want, i took it out because it made it easier for me to adjust my light to even out the spread.. trust me, you will be happy with these lights...

screensweeper

no problem. glad to be able to help. Hopefully i can find some free time to post up all the install pictures. special thanks to screensweeper for taking time to answer all my questions before my mod. Check out his Maxspect LED setup. Thanks again Dennis.

Thanks i was glad to be able to help , nice job you did looks very good !

mitcheva

Hey all

I want to remove the stock skimmer and replace it - I do however, want to be able to fit it inside the chamber rather than have something hanging outside the tank. Can someone recommend a skimmer that will work and fit

Thanks!!!