Pom Pom Crabs Peaceful?

mrlimpet

Hi. Could someone please tell me if i could get a pom pom crab in my 14g biocube with sexy shrimp, tail spot blenny, purple firefish, clownfish, green clown goby, and coral. I know that the crab itself is peaceful but will it use the anemones to kill anything like my vulnerable sexy shrimp. I'm trying to keep my tank as peaceful as possible because of all the small fish/inverts.

Big Jay

Hi. Could someone please tell me if i could get a pom pom crab in my 14g biocube with sexy shrimp, tail spot blenny, purple firefish, clownfish, green clown goby, and coral. I know that the crab itself is peaceful but will it use the anemones to kill anything like my vulnerable sexy shrimp. I'm trying to keep my tank as peaceful as possible because of all the small fish/inverts.
They are peaceful and there is a good chance you will never see it with the lights on.

rdwilson91

The pom poms are for defense, not offense. These are very timid crabs that stay small and make good little cleaners.

BigJay

I've never kept them personally but would be wary of anything wielding a ball of nemotacysts around the tank. Just for the fear they would damage corals unintentionally.