Please help me Identify these!

akshay79

Hello All,
I am still getting used to my Biocube29. I recently got some live rock with some goodies on them from a nice girl who was closing her tank. Please help me identify these with advice on how to keep them happy! :)
Thanks for the help!
DSC01025_zps3f8e3998.jpg

DSC01029_zps54d537f7.jpg

DSC01031_zps64c1154a.jpg

DSC01034_zpsc07c15f3.jpg

DSC01036_zpsa42a80ed.jpg

I am sad that one of the snails that I got died and am not sure why.. :(
DSC01039_zpsaa98475b.jpg

SubRosa

First pic is Eagle Eye Zoas and Majano Anemones. The girl wasn't as nice as you think! Second pics are Hairy Mushrooms. Third pic looks like a Palythoa polyp, a dying Tubastrea (the orange and white thing on the left) and more Majanos. Fourth pic is Halimeda. Fifth pic is a couple of Kenya Trees, more Eagle Eyes and lots more Majanos. Last pic is an encrusting sponge.

akshay79

Thanks for your reply. Should I maybe remove the anemones by hand. I just saw that they are bad hitch-hikers!

SubRosa

If they aren't tucked into a rock I find Majanos pretty easy to manually remove. If they are dug in then ther are many ways to get rid of them. I prefer kalkwasser paste.

akshay79

I tried but I fear that it might just spread more.... I just ditched the live rock I got from her...How can I make sure that the Majano anemones have not spread...It was in the tank for 4 days. Should I maybe add something to prevent the spread?