PinPoint Salinity Monitor's ?

Nowellsy SNR

Are they worth it been having a few problems with my Refractormeter reading

I've seen one for £119 is that about right?

Max250

The price you quoted. I couldn't find one cheaper. It comes with calibration fluid. It runs from a 9v battery.

I don't check my salinity/SG that often now. It was really handy when doing water changes. I worked out exactly how much salt I need per litre to get my preferred salinity/sg. But the biggest thing for me was it told me how much my refracto was out! Not all refractometers are designed/calibrated for salt water, which was a surprise for me.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Anthony - one tip... I did once - if you know of anyone close by that
has a refractormeter that is working well - go measure their water & have them do it & then calibrate your refractormeter to theirs.

If you go with a PinPoint Salinity Monitor - I have read good reports on them.

tnwillia

Anthony, I've had mine for over a year. Recalibrated it once but it was still spot on. I got mine because of my eyes but I'd never go back. IMHO it's worth every penny!

Max250

It's expensive for what it is though. I need to tighten my belt with this tank, so right now £120 sounds too much. You could get some calibration fluid and just stick with the refractometer :dryer: Unless someone would get it for a wedding gift, but ive never spent more than 40 squid on a weddin gift lol.

tnwillia

Anthony I'll help the process along, here are a couple of pictures..... 53.0 is my magic number which equates to 1.026 SG and 35.0 ppt. The chart shows all the conversions.

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01948.jpg