Pictures New RSM 130D

I would like to say this is the best site for information. I have just re-entered the aquarium world after a 20 plus year hiatus and have started my first reef tank. I would not normally consider myself new to the aquarium world, but things have changed a lot since My last time in this hobby. The members on this site are incredible and I have already started to learn so much from reading others posts.
Like everyone I want a bigger tank, but finances and my wife have limited me to a smaller tank. Here are some pictures of mine and my daughters tank. Please feel free to offer any advice!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341676871.750679.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1341676894.870494.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1341676905.339977.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1341676917.557960.jpg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Tank looks great dude. One thing u can count on is kids get tired of stuff so u know what that means. Ur tank soon!

.............stay thirsty my friend.

Looks great!
Did the same with my daughter and now we are up to 4 tanks in the house (soon back to three but one is fresh water).
Watch your phosphates and lighting schedule you seem to have a bit of cyano there.

Looks great!
Did the same with my daughter and now we are up to 4 tanks in the house (soon back to three but one is fresh water).
Watch your phosphates and lighting schedule you seem to have a bit of cyano there.

The system has only been set up since mid April. The Cyano is getting much better. I think I need an RO. It was pretty thick about a month ago.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have been in the hobby for almost 3 years and just last month bought an RO/DI system and I couldn't be happier. It really is something I should have purchased a long time ago. No longer lugging 5 gallon jugs of saltwater and RO/DI water from the LFS makes me happy. It also keeps me out of the LFS so I spend less $$.

Thanks All!

I think I may have too many fish for a RSM 130D Reef. I gave in to my 3 1/2 year old daughter and bought more fish than I planned. The guy at my LFS said I am good, but I am not so sure. Most tanks I see have much less fish than mine.

2 Clowns

1 yellow hogfish

1 flasher wrasse

1 watchman goby

1 cleaner wrasse (I now know that this may not have been a great choice, but I have him eating everything I put in the tank.)

1 neon goby

1 purple fire fish

Also, I was thinking of a Refugium. Any suggestions on how to do that with a RSM 130d?

Adding the refugium will help with your additional population, but yeah that's a lot of fish for the 130.

I have too many devices with Tapatalk!

Adding the refugium will help with your additional population, but yeah that's a lot of fish for the 130.

I have too many devices with Tapatalk!

I also have a shrimp, arrow crab, and a CUC

In your opinion, will this be a big problem?
What will be my biggest challenge? Nitrates?

I am not sure returning any of the fish is an option. ( three year old would be devastated! They are all named!)

Although, I do not want to jeopardize any living things in my tank and will break it to her if I have to.

I have never had enough nitrates to show up on my tests, and I do weekly water changes (5g).

Ammonia and nitrite have been 0 since cycling.

Also I have been planning to upgrade the stock skimmer and go with the media basket.

All please offer opinions and advice. I do not want to create problems. We are planning on more corals.

Updated pictures of our reef tank.

Thank you to everyone who has helped keep it on track!
y9ehyryd.jpg
anu9y6un.jpg
ybu9yhas.jpg
ysunu9yb.jpg

azezyver.jpg
ade4uqa7.jpg
nadu8a3u.jpg
a6adyzuh.jpg
yty2epyt.jpg
reduvysa.jpg
5erebe9y.jpg
magygyde.jpg
uquqebe8.jpg
yhe8y9ev.jpg
aberupyj.jpg
aru7yqag.jpg
e2u4u5ah.jpg
2erune7y.jpg
vute2u3e.jpg

Thank you!

Had a couple of mistakes, but I was able to correct them before I lost any LS. Thanks to the members on this site!!!!

The next thing I need to do is hook up the used RO/DI system I just bought. The Refractometer that was suggested on this site has been my best purchase. It was shocking how much my SG was off. Since I got that corrected my coral have improved dramatically!

gbose

How are you doing with the fish? Were you able to keep them all or did you lose some? I'm interested as I'm stocking a RSM130 myself....

How are you doing with the fish? Were you able to keep them all or did you lose some? I'm interested as I'm stocking a RSM130 myself....

I lost my cleaner wrasse to my hogfish. He just decided he didn't like him anymore and killed him right in front of me (and my daughter unfortunately).

I still have all the others. I do a 5gal water change every week and my nitrates never reach any measurable amount.