picture logo/copyright tags

blenny

i guess this question is mostly for travis, but anyone w/ experience, please feel free to step in...

when doing the post-processing of your pictures (ie, photoshop), do you have a set template to frame your pictures in? i've been putting my initials on mine w/ a little tiny jpeg i made, but i was wondering what the best way to make those nice borders are. i guess w/ a template (or set of templates), you always crop your pics to certain dimensions?

thanks for the help!

blenny

ReefLady

Staff member
Hi Blenny, yes, I do have a template. First thing I do is resize the pics to 800x533 (I put in 800, proportions out of the camera say 533). Then I open a template and just paste the picture onto a new layer.

To make the template took some trial and error. You want to make sure your template is the same DPI as your image, but a bit longer and taller to give the "border" effect. In reality it's just a black rectangle with type until I drop the image on top of it.

T

blenny

ah... i just got it to work...

i'll post some newly spiffied images when i can get away from work.

thanks, travis.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Blenny, this post got me to rip off Travis' frame with copyright as well :p I've always refrained from adding copyright stuff to my pics (or at least the ones I think are good) simply cause I didn't want it in the pic.

After ripping off Travis' frame...here is what I cam up with
9single_zo.jpg

blenny

thanks again for your help, travis...

this is the first frame template i've made...simple, i know, but still ok.

btw, photoshop filters are fun.

blenny

116radioactive.jpg

ReefLady

Staff member
Wow - both of you - RR & blenny! Great frames (i'm going to have to try that), and awesome pics!!

Nice stuff!

blenny

thanks, RL!

it's actually a nice thing to have for composing pictures as well...

say i have a 2272 x 1704 pixel image that has a lot of fine detail in various regions, but i'm not sure how i want to crop it down to a 800 x 600 image....

just drag your template over and you have an instant picture composer which you can slide around your original to see what would make a good shot.

now that i have more time to mess around w/ this stuff, i may never get anything else done!

blenny

ok, so these two pictures were composed a little differently, but they were from the same original digital photo. the frame really seems to help, i think.

116freckles.jpg

116framedclown.jpg

Witfull

for mine i just created a clear layer with text sized at 800x600. did a few FXs to it and saved as a .PSD file. then i just drag and drop on the pic.

Attachments

• frog spawn_actinics.jpg
    frog spawn_actinics.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 13

Mary

Evil Angel
Would you prefer a fur lined pair for a change?

Blenny, the pics look great!

Last edited:

ReefLady

Staff member
I always wondered how you did it.

I played with a little while this afternoon. I tend to use Paint Shop Pro more than PhotoShop (can't teach an old dog new tricks syndrome).

PSP made it quite easy, as you can make custom frames. I created my template, and exported it as a picture frame file. Now, when I have a pic, it's as simple as "Picture" ---> "Picture Frame", and I select the frame (template) I want, and it drops it on the image (no matter the size). I also have the option of placing the frame on the inside or the outside of the image.

Kewl stuff!