Ph, kh, ma

modulok

I have been struggling to get all three in check. My Mag has always been 1400-1450 (a bit high), while the PH is around 7.6-8 and the KH in the 100-120ppm range.

I've been using Kent Pro Buffer dKH but it seems like I have to constantly add that to get the KH up.

Would the high Mag cause the other two to be low? Should I get the Mag lower, how would I do that?

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
The PH is fine I wouldn't mess with it to much. For the Dkh you can bake baking soda dillute it in rodi water and drip it into your sump. This will safely raise your levels.

TylerHaworth

Read this: The

Generally - Pay no mind to your pH as long as you have proper aeration and water movement.

Kent Super Buffer is overpriced garbage. Use Soda Ash (raises ph) or Baking Soda (lowers ph) for Alkalinity supplementation.

What is your Calcium? Water will only "hold" so much alkalinity depending on other parameters.

Magnesium is fine.

modulok

Got it up to 140ppm as of last night.

Am I really wasting too much money on Kent buffer or Seachem buffer? $6 for 500ml of Seachem.

dmatt88

The PH is fine I wouldn't mess with it to much. For the Dkh you can bake baking soda dillute it in rodi water and drip it into your sump. This will safely raise your levels.

Cha ching! Best way u will find. Remove ur top n ph will b fine.

...........mmmmmmm clams.

engineer goby

Got it up to 140ppm as of last night.

Am I really wasting too much money on Kent buffer or Seachem buffer? $6 for 500ml of Seachem.

Yup you can get a bunch of baking soda for $0.79 and it's food grade safe for human consumption